Overview of the opportunity:
We are seeking talented and energetic students to join our Advisory team as Consultants working in our Risk Consulting practice within the Cyber Security service line in the Calgary office.What you will do:
As a Consultant Intern in KPMG's Advisory Practice, you will focus on fundamental business issues that organizations across various industries should address in order to help them flourish. You will actively participate in multiple aspects of various projects by identifying issues, forming hypotheses, designing and conducting analysis, as well as synthesizing conclusions and presenting recommendations. As an active project team member on an experienced team, you will play different roles on a variety of projects and positively contribute to all aspects of growing our practice. What you bring to the role:
You have demonstrated academic excellence, strong all-around capabilities and excel in a dynamic, fluid and entrepreneurial environment. You have a strong interest in Cyber Security and in particular how organizations develop strategies and governance to transform cyber defense and cyber responses. You have an outstanding academic record from your undergraduate degree and the ability to handle a broad range of projects with competing priorities and deadlines under pressure. Your confidence and creativity lead to your strong entrepreneurial drive. You have exceptional oral and written communication skills. Keys to your success:
- Strong relationship-building skills to interact with clients, colleagues, and the wider community.
- Ability to provide crucial consultation, analysis, and recommendations on a broad range of projects in a deadline drive environment with ambiguity.
- Effectively work as part of a project team, and communicate findings of analysis, key implications, and recommendations in written and verbal formats.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organization and analytical skills.
- Passion for technology applied in the business context combined with above average technology skills.
- Strong understanding of business risks and cyber security risks.
- Preferred background in Engineering, Computer Science, or other science/technology area.To apply:
Please apply directly to KPMG at www.kpmg.ca/careers
All applications must be received no later than March 28, 2020 at 11:59 pm MST
Our online application system will allow you to include up to five documents without losing your formatting. Applications can be addressed to Hiring Manager and should include:
- Cover letter
- Electronic copy of your most recent transcript and/or GPA
If you do not have access to an electronic copy of your transcript, we ask that you attach a screenshot of your grades from your school's website.Our Values, The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email at email@example.com
or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance