Paladin Security provides security services to Healthcare facilities all over Alberta. We are deployed to ensure the safety of patients, staff, and public, which requires superior customer service skills and the ability to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations. Our presence in these facilities provides unique security experience which provides a rewarding and fulfilling career for our Healthcare Security Professionals.
In addition to ensuring safety and security, our Healthcare Guards gain invaluable experience in violence prevention, de-escalation techniques, and may go on to careers in law enforcement and security services. If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Healthcare Security Guards work in a variety of different healthcare settings. This job may be physically demanding due to the size of the building. This job requires applicants to be able to work both day and overnight shift rotations.
Job Skills / Requirements
We are hiring casual
Security Guards hiring at $20.75/hour
to work at a variety of different healthcare sites in Lethbridge and the surrounding area. Some travel may be required. Applicants must be be able to work both day and night shifts.Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service and assistance and sustain effective relationships with clients and patrons
- Conduct proactive patrols to ensure safety and address policy breaches, and note any concerns
- Attend and investigate security alarms and emergencies in a timely and professional manner
- De-escalate crisis situations, provide support and liaise with emergency personnel including; police, fire and paramedic resources
- Exercise crowd control and evict trespassers
- Write clear and detailed reports including incident, emergency, liability and day to day reports
- Provide first aid and medical response when required to any person(s)
- Utilize two-way radios and computer applications to communicate site activities
- Handle Lost & Found items and inquires
Education RequirementsCertification Requirements
- Ability to obtain a valid Alberta security license
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong observational skills
- Ability to make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency response situations with minimal supervision
- Ability to walk 18/20km and stairs
- Valid Security License (preferred)
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Tyrel Gagne
This is a Part-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 10