Casual Operations Center Dispatcher -Healthcare Security
Reference ID: 328043
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
The Dispatcher position is responsible for ensuring that all of Paladin's contractual obligations are met in regard to shift coverage for the healthcare contract. The Healthcare Operations Center is the main point of contact for all healthcare guards, and manages and maintains the scheduling software and database. The Healthcare Operations Center is also the main point of contact between the Client Service Managers and Protective Services. This position requires applicants to work a 4 on 4 off rotation both days and overnight shifts, including weekends.
Job Skills / Requirements
• Create, update and modify work schedules for Security Guards within Paladin Security for the healthcare contract.
• Maintain scheduling software (winTEAM) and coordinate any entry completed by anyone within or outside the healthcare operations center to ensure accuracy
• Work with Client Service Managers to ensure that all scheduling needs are met, and that client and site information is accurate
• Strategically plan schedules to ensure effective use of resources and minimal overtime is acquired
• Provide information to guards, managers, and department manager as requested regarding additional shifts, vacation requests, last minute book-offs, shift availability and shift cancellations
• Liaise with the Alberta Protective Services Operations Center to ensure all scheduling requirements are being fulfilled
• Help track overtime on a pay period basis and report the results to senior management, while trying to minimize any unnecessary overtime
• Must possess a High school Diploma, Post-Secondary education is an asset
• Previous customer service experience is an asset
• The ability to use judgement and decision-making skills to evaluate situations and establish priorities
• Must have an outgoing, friendly, and extroverted personality
• Excellent written and oral skills in English, with the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse workforce
• Strong computer skills; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to learn quickly and navigate through new software is an asset
• Able to work effectively and efficiently in a deadline driven environment
• Strong time management, multitasking, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Must be detail oriented, team player, self-motivated, and able to take direction
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
**To apply for this or any of our other positions, please submit your resume, in confidence, via our website www.paladinsecurity.com**
Please address your cover letter to Shamil Ukani, Security Program Manager.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Director of Healthcare
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift.
Posted: December 8, 2018
Closes: February 6, 2019