Journeyman MillwrightSlave Lake, AB
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, the Millwright will work as part of a team providing quality operational repairs and preventative maintenance services. As a member of this high performance team you will be responsible for the maintenance of all mill machinery and duties including:
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process of OSB;
- Undertake preventative and predictive maintenance program for equipment Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to assemble equipment and follow work procedures & processes;
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up, and repair of equipment and machinery;
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions;
- Troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose, lubricate, and perform maintenance work on machinery;
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders. Assemble large, precision heavy equipment for the Lumber/wood processing
- Utilize knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings.
- Journeyman Millwright certification;
- Millwright experience in a maintenance capacity is considered an asset;
- Ability to read blue prints, plans and schematics;
- Strong problem solving skills Commitment to working safely coupled with strong communication & interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Organizational and planning skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Considered an asset;
- Previous experience in a forest products environment;
- Knowledge of hydraulics and welding skills.
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!We offer:
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until March 22, 2019.We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Maintenance and Technicians