Certified Saw FilerHigh Level, ABOverview:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor and working with tradesman and other team members, the Certified Saw Filer will carry out maintenance on round- and band saws and assist with troubleshooting within a mill environment. This is a challenging position and an opportunity to work in an innovative environment. Candidates require strong communication and problem solving skills.Qualifications:
- Must possess a Journeyman Saw Filer designation (3rd year apprentices may be considered) with previous saw filer experience;
- Proven experience with bandsaws will be beneficial;
- Commitment to working safely coupled with strong communication & interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Organizational and planning skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Ability to work rotating shifts;
- Experience working within a saw mill or similar environment;
- Strong team player who interacts well with others.
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!We offer:
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!What is it like to live and work in High Level, AB? Watch this video to find out why life is better here!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted atwww.tolko.comuntil filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us onLinkedIn
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.#IND123
Maintenance and Technicians