Job Description Civeo Premium Services Employees LP
is currently looking to fill a position for a Chef Manager at our Red Earth, located near Red Earth Creek, AB. A Chef/Manager cooks a wide variety of foods, develops meal plans, inventory and grocery orders, provides direction to staff, and ensures the highest quality of food and baking possible. The Chef/Manager works in a friendly and efficient manner with the client to manage special requests while ensuring the smooth working order of the site and its staff. The successful candidate will work a 15 on and 13 off rotation. Key Responsibilities
- Prepare, season and cook various food for the menus
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff in the preparation, cooking and presentation of food
- Order food and kitchen supplies based on best price and budget
- All cash handling, reconciliation and deposits
- Check orders received for quantity and quality of product
- Create new recipes to please customers
- Motivate and Manage staff
- Prepare staff schedule and track time for payroll
- Create and follow menus
- Estimate labour and food costs, stay within budget
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products
- Ensure that sanitation standards are maintained
- Assist with staff development and training
- Meet with other managers in the organization
- Promote good public relations
- Responds to client and staff inquiries and resolves issues and complaints
- Inspects and evaluates facility cleanliness, food quality, presentation and inventories
- Ensures all staff are adhering to all health, sanitation and safety standards
- Directs the setup and shut down of a site
- Schedules and supervises facility staff
- Responds to client's special requests and complaints
- Ensures the site is operating in a cost-efficient manner
- Receives and submits staff time sheets
- Reports all accidents and injuries and fills out Field Level Hazard Assessments (FLHA)
- Records onsite equipment use and movement
- Fills out Incident and Injury Reports, as needed
- Maintains an inventory of vacancies, reservations, and room assignments
- Welcomes, registers and assigns rooms to clients and staff
- Issues room cards
- Prepares and distributes reports, such as resident listings, site location listings and room reconciliation
- Prepares weekly billing sheet distribution report
- Ensures ten days of food are always on hand
- Maintains inventory and records of food, supplies, equipment and costs
- Ensures enough consumables (diesel, propane, water, sewer and garbage disposal) are on site
- Participates, accepts and adopts the safety principles described in Civeo's Making Zero Count safety program
- Holds weekly safety meetings and take minutes
- Works in a safe and responsible manner
Civeo Premium Services Employees LP
- 5+ year's food service experience in a management/supervisory role in a commercial kitchen within the food services or hospitality industry preferably in a remote environment.
- Technical qualifications obtained through apprenticeship training or related post-secondary education
- Must possess a Journeyperson certification.
- Advanced Food Safety certification is required.
- First Aid certification preferred.
- Valid driver's license, clean (5) year drivers abstract .
is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.
For more details, visit: http://civeo.com/people-careers/job-opportunities/
Restaurants and Food Service Management and Executive