is seeking an Intermediate Engineer or Technologist
to join our growing Municipal Engineering
team in Fort McMurray
. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in an engineering environment and be able to manage multidisciplinary projects and client relationships.
This position will be responsible to manage projects for public and private clients across Northern Alberta with a focus on the Fort McMurray region. As a key member of our Fort McMurray team, you will deal directly with clients and approval agencies and manage multi-disciplinary teams to deliver municipal infrastructure projects including watermains, sanitary sewers, drainage, roads and treatment facilities. Duties include proposal development, feasibility assessments, detailed design production, construction administration, client liaison/management and communication including business development.
The Fort McMurray office also provides assistance to other WSP business lines by providing local project management and local content support when they pursue opportunities in the north. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress into a management role.A day in the life:Business Development
- Develop and maintain client relationships, ensure clients consistently feel valued and that their needs are being met. Create trusting relationships to ensure WSP is the consultant of choice
- Build effective networks and working relationships with stakeholders and clients
- Identify and respond to business opportunities and meet with potential clients regarding our services
- Track requests for proposal and lead proposal development initiatives
- Manage clients and projects. Assist and give staff the freedom and confidence to develop sustainable and exciting solutions for their clients
- Maintain a high standard of customer satisfaction by ensuring that project outputs meet client expectation and ensure clients are fully consulted and apprised of progress, issues and related solutions at key project stages
- Implement WSP project management methodology to ensure projects result in a successful conclusion for both the client and the company
- Monitor project financial performance, invoice clients promptly, and ensure payment is received
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Provide technical advisory services to clients for municipal engineering projects
- Prepare analyses, designs, drawings, specifications, cost estimates, presentations and reports
- Contract administration and field reviews for project under construction
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university or civil engineering technology diploma
- Professional Engineer or Certified Engineering Technologist or eligibility for registration with APEGA or ASET
- 5+ years of professional experience in civil engineering completing studies, design, tender document preparation and contract administration on a broad range of engineering projects, ideally in the Municipal/Infrastructure sector
- Experience managing delivery of engineering services on projects including leading consultant team, scope, budget and schedule management and client liaison, ideally in the Municipal/Infrastructure sector;
- Experience in construction contract administration
- Previous success in customer service, client management, business development and proposal writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and communicate with various professional disciplines, clients, contractors and regulatory agencies
- Good time management skills and attention to detail to ensure that work is done correctly and thoroughly
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.