A day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
- Construction inspection and construction survey layout on projects in Edmonton and Northern Alberta;
- Completion and understanding of WSP and Site Health and Safety requirements, including participation in tailgate meetings and Field Level Risk Assessment (FLRA) process
- Resolving construction issues with the assistance of the site project coordinator and the project manager/engineer team;
- Completion of preliminary topographic surveys including interpretation of acquired data;
- Quantity measurements, daily reporting, and participation in construction meetings;
- Completion of construction as-building for record keeping/approval purposes;
- Miscellaneous assistance to the project coordinator / manager with day to day operations, and;
- Communications/scheduling with city/county/municipal inspectors on assigned projects to ensure compliance with contract standards/specifications.
- Civil or Construction Engineering Technology student,
- Related experience in Civil Engineering field is beneficial;
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specs, along with general problem solving skills;
- A Working knowledge and familiarity with Civil 3D is an asset. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook also valuable;
- Registered or eligible for registration with ASET as a TT, CET or PTECH;
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal, including teamwork and interpersonal abilities;
- Comfortable in working both in a team and independently in both an office and field environment; and
- A suitable working vehicle and valid driver's license are required for this position.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians