Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Insurance is part of TD Bank Group, one of Canada's largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the 'accidents of life' with a wide range of products including credit protection, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
In Canada, we have two lines of business, General Insurance and Life and Health. Our General Insurance business is one of the top home and auto insurance groups in Canada and the national leader in group insurance and affinity marketing. Our Life and Health business is the number one provider of critical illness insurance and direct life and health insurance in Canada.
At TD Insurance, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. With a Canada-wide workforce of over 4,000 employees and offices in Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, our company is always growing and can help you to grow. TD Insurance offers a stable and dynamic work environment where talent is appreciated and professional development is taken seriously. More than just a job, we offer rewarding careers.Job Description
• Engage customers in conversations to understand and meet their needs by providing them with advice and service regarding coverage and the claims process
• Provide sound claims advice at every customer interaction to create a legendary customer experience; look for ways to contribute to the on-going improvement of the overall customer experience
• Ensure customer problems are handled appropriately and escalating issues when necessary; refer customers to appropriate team members or internal partners as appropriate
• Demonstrate flexibility to be able to change activities based on customer and business needs
• Create a legendary customer experience at every interaction and look for ways to contribute to on-going improvement of the overall customer experience
• Be knowledgeable of practices and procedures within own area of responsibility and keep abreast of emerging trends for claims assessment and litigation
• Protect the interests of the organization - identify and manage risks, and escalate non-standard, high risk transactions / activities as necessary
• Contribute to business objectives for Operational Excellence
• Support the timely and accurate completion of business processes and procedures
• Ensure documentation that is prepared / completed is accurate and properly reflects client / business intentions and is consistent with relevant rules / regulations
• Identify, suggest and actively participate in process improvement opportunities
• Acquire and apply expertise in the discipline, provide guidance, assistance and direction to others
• Identify, recommend and effectively execute standard practices and procedures applicable to insurance claims
• Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements and assess potential impacts
• Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes in alignment with risk appetite
• Assume responsibility to minimize operational and regulatory risk by complying with Bank and industry Code of Conduct
• Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
• Support the team by continuously enhancing knowledge / expertise in own area and participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business unit
• Keep current on emerging trends/ developments and grow knowledge of the business, related tools and techniques
• Participate in personal performance management and development activities, including cross training within own team
• Keep others informed and up-to-date about the status / progress of projects and / or all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities
• Contribute to the success of the team by willingly assisting others in the completion and performance of work activities; provide training, coaching and/or guidance as appropriate.
• Contribute to a fair, positive and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce
• Act as a brand champion for the business area/function and the bank, both internally and/or externally Requirements
- You possess excellent verbal/written communication skills
- University Degree
- You have a superior client service orientation and passion for customer service
- You have excellent organization and time management skills.
- You have demonstrated your ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
- You have the ability to effectively deal with change and help foster an environment open to change.
- You possess strong typing and computer skills.
- You maintain a positive demeanour and foster team spirit
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Posted: February 13, 2019
Closes: April 14, 2019