We're Looking For Highly Motivated & Dedicated EmployeesClass 1 and Class 5 Courier Drivers
Murray's Trucking Inc has been in business for 20 years.We believe that an impressive image, a positive attitude and impeccable professionalism are essential in today’s workplace. Due to the importance of what we do, having our operators arrive in a timely manner, with a professional attitude is not only a desired state, but an expected one here at Murray's Trucking. We are looking for some dynamic operators of both Class 1 and Class 5 drivers. We offer local delivery, above standard wage, and benefits.
As a Courier Driver you will perform some or all of these duties:
- Operate and drive light pick up trucks, 1 ton flat decks or cube vans (Class 5) to pick up and deliver various products, such as envelopes, packages, parcels and small freight. Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks, weighing over 11,800kg with three or more axles (Class 1) transporting goods and materials to various destinations.
- Oversee all aspects of the vehicle, such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading and safety and security of cargo.
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, brakes and cargo area.
- Perform roadside load Securement checks when required.
- Record cargo information, distance traveled, fuel consumption and other information in log book or daily manifest as required.
- Communicate with dispatch and other drivers using two-way radio.
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
- Maintain a high level of integrity while dealing with customers / vendors and while driving company vehicles.
- Abide by all company policies and safety regulations.
- You will maintain the highest level of housekeeping of your assigned unit and storage area.
- Obey all Traffic Rules and Regulations
- On-the-job training will be provided.
- A valid Class 5 or Class 1 driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract
- One year of safe driving experience is required.
- Eligibility for bonding.
Posted: November 14, 2017
Closes:January 13, 2018