Are you interested in applying your talents in communication and customer service to support worker occupational health and safety? At WorkSafeBC, we're committed to preventing workplace injury, illness, and death, and supporting injured workers through fair compensation and effective rehabilitation. We are committed to supporting safe and healthy workplaces and providing compassionate and responsive service driven by our core values of integrity, accountability, compassion, excellence and respect. By partnering with workers and employers, we help British Columbians come home from work safe every day.
Do you share our passion for workplace health and safety and have the drive and aptitude to grow and contribute to our exceptional team? We'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for people who are committed to excellence in customer service for temporary administrative opportunities, with hourly wages starting at $22.13/hour.
We are recruiting for a range of full-time opportunities located in all our area offices and assignments range from 4 - 18 months starting on September 2022. Some positions may require to work onsite depending on the operational requirements.
Applications will be screened on an ongoing basis. We will be reaching out to candidates before the deadline. What you'll do Depending on the role, your duties may include a range of tasks, such as:
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Receiving calls from clients and responding to inquiries or forwarding callers to the appropriate teams
- Receiving and directing visitors
- Creating routine letters and emails
- Maintaining and retrieving information from files and electronic records
- Filing, photocopying, and receiving, and distributing mail
- Typing a variety of materials including correspondence, forms, and reports, that could involve technical, industry, or medical terminology
- Assisting injured workers and addressing their questions and concerns by providing information and ensuring that missing or conflicting information is collected and documented
- Adjudicating entitlement decisions on routine claims and process the first payment of short-term disability benefits
- Maintaining ongoing contact with injured workers by managing various payments, scheduling appointments, and obtaining claims-related information
Your experience and educational background:
- Organize, prioritize, and proactively manage a high-volume workload in an environment that requires multi-tasking and includes frequent interruptions
- Gather and analyze relevant information and facts in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Create strong working relationships with a team
- Maintain a high level of customer service and interact with clients in a caring, tactful, respectful, and objective manner in sometimes sensitive or difficult circumstances
- Communicate tactfully and clearly, both verbally and written communication
- Independently problem solve and analyze facts to make sound decisions that reflect policy, procedures, and guidelines, while exhibiting sound judgment, discretion, and accountability for the decisions being made
- Completion of grade 12
- Some post-secondary education is an asset
- Recent administrative or clerical work experience in an office environment
- Experience with providing customer solutions and problem-solving
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent English language skills, with accurate grammar and spelling
- Experience working in a call center is an asset
- Knowledge of medical spelling and terminology is an asset, but not required
You must submit your application by 4:30 pm on the closing date of the competition.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for. Our benefits
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with our competitive starting salary of $22.13/hour plus 4% in lieu of vacation and 4% in lieu of benefits. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work - and life.
WorkSafeBC has adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely and onsite based on the operational needs of the position.
Learn more about what we offer .
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity. We invite applications from all qualified individuals, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you're unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation of your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.