Under supervision, performs clerical tasks involving typing, receipt and purchasing of office supplies, and other work as required and directed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Types letters, reports, purchase orders, and other material from copy, draft, and machinerecordings.
- Type from handwritten and corrected copy, records, lists, tabular and statistical matter, etc.,where data may require selection and organizing.
- Schedules inspections and sewer lateral tests and does related follow-up paperwork.Batches and verifies payments from customers.
- Proofreads typed material for grammatical and spelling efforts.
- Sorts, alphabetizes, and files material.
- Operates all office machines and duplication equipment.
- Typing assignments vary depending on nature of work and location assigned, e.g. purchaseorders, billing, shipping forms and export documents, production orders, material lists, routing andoperation sheets, tabular matter, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
Basic elements of English language usage, spelling, and arithmetic.
Ability to perform routine clerical work.
Ability to utilize word processing equipment.
Ability to type at a speed of 50 wpm from clear copy.
Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions.
Vacation time is paid in 2-week increments,
Benefits plan(medical, dental and vision coverage).
Posted: November 16, 2017
Closes:January 15, 2018