Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Have many careers in one Firm.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.Are you interested in a career in customer service? Looking to gain more professional experience? Look at the opportunity below! What will your typical day look like?
In general, as a Client Experience Professional, you will:
About the team
- Represent the firm as an ambassador for our clients in the following roles - arranging and execution of catering services, meeting room management, mailroom and café service assistance
- Act as primary back up support to the Receptionist role - answering and directing calls, organizing meeting room booking and events, greeting clients
- Order office & coffee supplies from company preferred vendors and manage café spaces
- Manage calendars and emails to/from internal and external clients utilizing Outlook
The members of the Business Operations team possess a practical body of knowledge that is applied in the delivery of office support. It includes jobs in the areas of procurement, mailroom, security, concierge, delivery and distribution, reception, records, telecommunications, hoteling resource management and facilities management. The Business Operations role draws upon knowledge of the specific function discipline and the organization's business practices to provide services to ensure the safe, efficient and effective operation of the organization. The Business Operations group is seeking a Client Experience Professional for our Calgary office.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who is/has:
- 2-3 years work experience in administration, customer service, hospitality, or a facilities environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Client-oriented with strong customer service skills and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of staff
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to respond to requests in a timely manner and to prioritize and organize workload
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds if requiredv
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.