Client Service Manager
Reference ID: 307013
Law Enforcement and Security
Paladin Security was established in 1976 as a provider of basic Security Officer services. From modest beginnings with four employees and one contract, Paladin has grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada, with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. With our award-winning culture, we pride ourselves in fostering a learning environment as we believe in helping each of our employees grow and reach their full potential!
This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and all aspects of Paladin business within that portfolio. This includes being the main point of client contact and managing the security team that works within the portfolio. The Client Service Manager will regularly be meeting with clients and security staff to ensure that everyones' needs are met.
Job Skills / Requirements
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with the clients in the portfolio.
- Works with Human Resources to ensure sufficient resources are available to meet the companys obligations.
- Performs interviews, determines suitability of candidate for site assignment within the portfolio.
- Ensures all staff within his/her portfolio has adequate training based on industry, corporate and client standards.
- Provides motivational and disciplinary discussions with all staff assigned within the portfolio as needed.
- Ensures all sites have up to date and complete Site Orders both in hard copy on site and in digital copy on the network server.
- Performs evaluations of staff assigned to sites on an ongoing basis and in accordance with company policies.
- Ensures that there are thorough Site Training and Employee Orientation programs in place at all sites within the portfolio and that all newly-assigned staff demonstrates competence on site.
- Ensures that there are adequate numbers of trained security staff to meet all of Paladins contractual obligations within the portfolio of business.
- Analyzes business margins on a contract by contract basis to ensure the portfolio of business remains profitable. Margins will be reviewed on a monthly basis at a minimum.
- Develops and maintains frequent security evaluations of client facilities and ensures appropriate recommendations are made to clients so that their security needs are met.
- Communicates appropriate information to Operations and/or the Field Manager as needed to ensure that any outstanding issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Monitors Incident Reports and takes appropriate action on the reports that are related to sites within the portfolio.
- Remains on-call to act as an after-hours resource for emergencies.
- Ensures Corporate OH&S Policy is understood and followed by all employees in the Portfolio
- Ensures the Human Resources Manager, Scheduling Manager, and the Director of Operations are aware of the number and types of individuals needed at your sites to ensure overtime is kept to a minimum.
- Reports regularly to the Director of Operations on matters of company or client interest or significant events.
- Ensures clients and tenants of the client are aware of and satisfied with the services provided and offered by the company.
- Develops and promotes Paladins business where possible in a professional and positive manner.
- Monitors all accounts receivable of clients within the portfolio and assists accounting when needed to ensure all accounts are kept up to date.
- Ensures that all services provided by staff assigned within the portfolio are delivered in accordance with the clients wishes and best interests and in accordance with Paladins Code of Ethics.
- Responds to communications from clients or staff in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as requested to assist with corporate and/or branch needs.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity, preferably in a Security setting, or a combination of experience and relevant experience and education.
- Valid class 5 driver's license and a vehicle that will be used for work purposes.
- A diploma in Security Management, Criminology or related discipline would be an asset.
- Must have working knowledge or be willing to obtain working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on building codes, security, and protection of privacy.
- Successful applicants will be willing to join industry professional associations and have a desire to learn through professional certification processes.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, delegate and problem solve.
- Proven ability to effectively supervise and manage people.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, including delivering presentations to groups.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to function effectively in a highly dynamic and demanding environment.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in all situations.
Education Requirements (Any)
Certificate, Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health and Safety (or related) field
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Long Term Disability
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Senior Director, Operations
This is a Full-Time position Monday to Friday 0830 to 1700.
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posted: June 22, 2018
Closes: August 21, 2018