A career in our Cloud Finance practice will provide you with the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory services to resolve their day-to-day business issues and to help them achieve long-term success. Our team provides virtual, outsourced accounting solutions including monthly accounting, preparing monthly reporting packages, providing controller-level review and strategic business advice. You will focus on planning and executing monthly accounting engagements, preparing and reviewing monthly reporting packages and other client deliverables, preparing GST returns.What to consider before applying
• This role has the option of being based out of all our offices Canada-wide.
• This is a remote position, requiring the ability to work virtually. #LI-Remote. Purpose-led work you'll be part of
The Cloud Finance practice provides support with transactional accounting and monthly reporting to small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) and HNW family enterprises . Tax expertise is not required for this role, however experience with investment accounting and tax is an asset.
As a Cloud Finance Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Working as a team of business advisors dedicated to resolving the day-to-day business issues of our clients and helping them achieve long-term success under the guidance of the engagement manager.
• Preparing and providing first level review of monthly management reports and identifying insights to be highlighted to managers for clients in which PwC provides outsourced finance functions.
• Assisting with preparing annual budgets and tracking performance.
• Reviewing investment accounting and identifying issues for further consideration by our tax teams.
• Share and collaborate effectively with others continuously communicating with the Managers with respect to engagement progress.
• Building rapport and developing relationships with clients and your teams.
• Managing interpersonal relations and building the morale of the team as well as training, coaching, and supervising junior staff.
• Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
• Communicate confidently in a clear, concise, and articulate manner - verbally and written.
• Follow risk management and compliance procedures. Ensuring that all work is completed and documented in accordance with prescribed standards including the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. Experience and skills you'll use to solve
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
• Considerable experience in public accounting.
• Pursuing your Canadian CPA or other accounting designation is an asset
• Experience with cloud accounting software and apps (Xero, QuickBooks Online, Dext Bank, etc.) considered an asset
• Passion for excellent client service.
• Flexibility, adaptability, speed, and the ability to handle ambiguity.
• Superior communication (oral or written) and interpersonal skills that allow you thrive in a team environment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Accuracy and attention to details. Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.