Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Reference ID: 783379
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
Basic Qualifications • BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ or more years of IT implementation experience
• Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
• Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• Integration of cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
• Scripting and/or coding skills
• Ability to travel to client locations when needed.
Preferred Qualifications • Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3)
• Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
• Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
• Large scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
• Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
• Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet
• Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
• Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Posted: February 11, 2019
Closes: April 12, 2019