- Great opportunity for an experienced CNC Machinist to join a highly experienced team
- Receive a competitive wage plus benefits package
- Work with state-of-the-art equipment in a safe and healthy environment
About D&D Machine Works
For over 43 years, D&D Machine Works has been a leading machining solutions center based in Lethbridge, Alberta. Servicing a range of customers in the agriculture, food processing, transportation, oil and gas, earth moving and primary manufacturing industries, we are experts in custom CNC machining, manual machining, manufacturing hydraulic cylinders, welding, and fabrication.
About the Opportunity
D&D Machine Works is currently seeking an experienced CNC Machinist to join our team in Lethbridge, Alberta on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Machine Shop Manager, the CNC Machinist will be responsible for setting up, operating and maintaining a variety of machine tools, including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools.
Experience on some or all of the following essentials:
- Mazak Turning Centers (e420H)
- Fanuc equipped Turning & Machining Centers
- HAAS CNC Controls
- Okuma controls
- General upkeep and routine Maintenance of CNC type equipment
- Planning & development of machining processes in production and non-production environment
- Various levels of CNC multitasking
- Automation including palletized FMS cells
- Perform precise, machining operations such as planning, turning, and milling, in accordance with company plans, blueprints, and other diagrams.
- Generate CNC programs for Mazak Lathes and Mills using Mazak Mazatrol Control
- Generate programs using a G-code/CAD CAM software & conversational methods
The Successful Candidate
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Completion of Secondary School/Technical/Trade School
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of CNC lathes, mills and programming
- Minimum 5 years' experience setting up and operating CNC Machinery
- Ability to perform complex setup with little to no supervision
- Broad knowledge of cutting tools, tool holding, work holding systems, and how to effectively apply
- Must be able to maintain accuracy in using measuring tools
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Maintain high level of neatness & organization of the work environment
- Self-motivated with desire to continually learn and APPLY NEW METHODS & TECHNOLOGY
- Training new employees.
- Other machining and QC related tasks as required.
- Willing and able to work overtime and weekends
About the Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- A full complement of company benefits after probationary period
- A friendly and supportive team environment
- Competitive wages based on experience
Don't miss this opportunity to join an innovative, fast-paced and supportive team. Apply online today!