Finning International Inc. Number of Openings:
As a Commercial Contract Specialist for Finning Canada, you will play a key role in managing and negotiating agreements to ensure on time delivery and budget commitments are successfully met for Power Systems and Construction Industries divisions. You will coordinate projects that fall under a risk management framework to drive visibility, ensure adherence to timelines, and identify potential risks.
In this role, you will ensure Finning's risks are communicated, and effective mitigation strategies are developed and communicated to appropriate levels of executive management. You will provide direction and coaching to the Commercial Coordinator on contract management best practices.
In this strategic position, you will provide guidance to internal business teams on objectives and processes related to the risk management framework and be a key resource to the team.
If this is in line with your expertise, we want to hear from you today!Job Description:Contract management and negotiations (50%)
Risk Management framework related reporting and processes (30%)
- Work collaboratively and take direction from Legal in contract formation and negotiation initiatives.
- Direct engagement with customers to negotiate terms and conditions in conjunction with Legal based on Finning's risk profile. Agreements to be negotiated in line with Finning's position on limitation of liability, indemnification, exclusion of consequential damages, warranty, payment terms and other terms.
- Support of procurement processes related to supplier agreement negotiations in conjunction with Legal.
- Provide guidance on contract administration activities to the Commercial Coordinator to ensure timely renewal and extension of existing agreements, and effective management of the contract's library.
Commercial support including reviewing RFPs and contracts for key terms and conditions (10%)
- Work closely with the Commercial Manager and Commercial Coordinator on risk management initiatives to ensure appropriate approval is provided for selected deals by senior leadership team. Provide direction and guidance to internal business teams on process and execution of risk management initiatives.
- This includes assessment of the RFP requirements, liaising with finance, tax, EH&S and insurance teams to review contractual obligations, as well working closely with Legal and Business to review and flag key commercial risks.
- Support the Commercial Manager through internal commercial deal review process with executives and key internal stakeholders.
- Provide leadership, including coaching and mentoring, strategic planning and direction to the Commercial Coordinator.
- Develop a performance-based culture, both team and individual, to assure continuous improvement and alignment with company objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum 3-7 years of prior experience in a commercial contract management role or equivalent. Including a minimum of 3 years' experience in contracts negotiations
- Previous experience working in an engineering, manufacturing, or construction industries
- Certification/training in Contract Management or Negotiations
- Proven project management experience in coordinating and liaising with senior leadership teams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong presentation skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strategic thinker with ability to coach others
- Superior business acumen including sound knowledge of Finning process and policies
- Highly computer literate, including advanced Microsoft Office applications skills
- Effective document management and control skills
- Ability to prioritize and deliver results under pressure, complete multiple assignments and function effectively in a dynamic work environment
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.