WSP is currently seeking a Commissioning Consultant to join our Building Performance team, based out of our Edmonton or Calgary offices. This is an intermediate position with 4-8 years experience in building systems preferred.
Reporting to the Building Performance manager this position will be responsible for executing work on new and existing building projects. Assigned work will align with the candidates experience and aptitude while having the opportunity to broaden skills and experience over time. Our team is positive and supportive; we place a high value team dynamics, stability, and professional growth. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be an active member of project teams working on improving the functionality and performance of new buildings and existing buildings.
- Responsible for project deliverables and outcomes such as design reviews, equipment and system verification procedures, and summary reports;
- Provide technical support to owners, designers, and builders as you collaborate to achieve high performance buildings objectives (LEED, Net Zero, Carbon Neutral);
- Perform site visits, review installation quality, and write reports aimed to improve the efficiency, operations, maintenance and longevity of equipment and building systems.
- Projects will primarily be located in Alberta, occasional travel to other provinces and territories may be required.
- Liaise with our technical leaders regarding commissioning, energy audits, and retro-commissioning of buildings;
- Understand and apply basic Quality Assurance and Quality Control practices for building systems;
- Help develop and/or improve internal processes and templates and promote best practices across the organization;
- Other duties as assigned/required
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with small teams and to maintain client relationships;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, virtual, verbal and written;
- 4-8 years of related work experience;
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical or Building Systems Engineering, Alternative Energy or Building Sustainability;
- Knowledge, experience, and understanding of building and building systems performance, operations, design and optimization;
- Professional designation (CET, P.Tech., E.I.T, P.Eng). is desired;
- Accreditations related to commissioning and building performance are valued (ie. LEED AP, CCP, CxA, CEM, CMVP)
- Experience completing existing building energy audits (ASHRAE Energy Audit) is desired;
- Previous design, construction or project management experience on new construction or major renovation projects an asset;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and adapt to shifting priorities;
- Desire to learn continuously, work more effectively, and enhance technical and professional skills;
- Punctual, reliable, detailed oriented, task oriented, and organized;
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver's License
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Maintenance and Technicians