First Canada, our nation's largest provider of bus passenger transportation, has openings for 'Community Shuttle Operator'. This is a part time position that pays $24.81 per hour. We are now introducing the opportunity for Class 5 Drivers to apply.
Process for applicants:
- Apply for the position online.
- Interview will be scheduled with selected candidates
- If selected - Applicant will go through Pre-Employment D&A Testing, Criminal Records Checks, and other pre-employment standards.
- If selected - Applicant will be scheduled to train at North Shore Driving School for Class 4 (Unrestricted) lessons and ICBC Road Test
- Candidate will pay for all tuition and fees for the training.
- Upon successful completion of the training - Candidate will receive 50% reimbursement.
- Enjoy interacting with the public;
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance and demeanor;
- Drive one of several different coach/buses or company non-revenue vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the contracted service area within a daily assigned time schedule;
- Maintain the appearance of the interior of the bus;
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required;
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids;
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents, and communicate with dispatch as required;
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs;
- Perform all other duties assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS :
- A valid Class 4 BC Driver's License;
- MUST be a RESIDENT of Bowen Island;
- A record of safe and responsible driving over the past 5 years;
- A willingness to work a variety of shifts;
- A good general knowledge of the demographics of the service area;
- A clean, "No Contraventions" Driver's Abstract;
- To be able to pass vulnerable sector records check;
- To be able to pass drug and alcohol testing.
- Transit environment;
- Safety focused, clean respectful environment;
- Interaction with the public.
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.