Company: Finning CanadaPosting End Date:
May 21, 2019Number of Opening:
Finning is world's largest Caterpillar dealer, delivering unrivalled service to customers in mining, construction, petroleum, power systems and forestry for over 80 years. We're proud of our legacy of providing the products and services that fuel our customers' businesses and drive our economies.
Through our values of being trusted, collaborative, innovative and passionate, we nimbly partner with the business to creatively attract, develop, reward and engage our people. Our people are the heart and soul of Finning and are fundamental to our success.
This is where you come in. Reporting to the Compensation Manager, as a Compensation Analyst, you will work in a variety of areas in the total rewards team and will help support, maintain, and communicate a total rewards system that is internally equitable, externally competitive, and in line with our compensation philosophy.
You will help to build the bridge between our compensation and total rewards strategies and the translation of these strategies into functional programs, policies and guidelines. Job Description: What You'll Do: Salary surveys and market research:
Support annual compensation processes and projects:
- Monitor external competitive practices and benchmarks, through formal salary survey participation and through networking with peers at other companies
- Partner with the HR Services team and the business and use your knowledge of job functions and disciplines to submit accurate data for all scheduled/adhoc salary surveys
- Work with our salary survey providers annually to examine total rewards for benchmark roles to ensure we are aligned with our compensation philosophy
- Formulate preliminary recommendations regarding market movement and associated adjustments needed to base or incentive compensation
- Examine current market data on perquisites and allowances and provide recommendations on enhancements and/or changes to current practices
Provide subject matter expertise:
- Support the annual compensation processes of salary adjustments, and short/long term incentives.
- Partner with our internal Workday team and serve as a super-user for assigned functional areas
- Test system changes, ensure data integrity, analyze reports and look for process improvement opportunities
- Support Workday upgrades and testing
- Lead specific Total Rewards projects that are in alignment with our strategic priorities
- Examine existing policies and practices and use expertise of best practices to recommend changes/enhancements and alignment opportunities
Role evaluation and banding:
- Build total rewards knowledge base in the HR services team to ensure that our programs are consistently administered and in compliance with company policies/guidelines and regulatory requirements
- You will be cross trained in other areas in Total Rewards which may include: benefits, pensions, global mobility, executive compensation and payroll
Who You Are:
- Partner with our HR services team and the business in the development of quality job profiles to enable accurate position classification.
- Utilize your expertise in job evaluations to appropriately and consistently assign roles to job bands across all of our Canadian operations.
- You hold a bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business or a related field and a CCP designation would be a plus
- You have 3 - 5 years of documented success in a human resources environment with a minimum of 2 years of compensation experience
- You have previous experience administering compensation programs and have a general understanding of total rewards functions
- You hold the customer at the center of everything you do
- You are self-driven are naturally curious and have a knack for translating data into knowledge that supports total rewards decisions
- You have advanced Excel skills (i.e. you understand V-look up's, pivot tables, if statements, charts/graphs, macros etc.)
- You have strong collaboration and communication, both written and verbal, skills
- You are a team player and have a great sense of humor - you work hard and have fun doing it!
- The successful candidate for this position could be based out of either Edmonton or Calgary
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.