As our Compensation and Benefits Analyst,
you are passionate about managing, analyzing and aligning our compensation strategy to our business strategy. You will understand our current process and position, and provide thought-leadership regarding how best to implement new compensation and total rewards programs. You will learn the business, own your function, and help develop the best offerings for Tractionites.
Traction on Demand's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here's what we mean by that:Culture
Culture at Traction on Demand isn't about drinking beer and playing ping-pong - it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are - do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand - you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just "git 'r done."Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
What You Will Be Doing
- 3-5 years of experience in the analysis, design and/or administration of compensation programs, or closely related field
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field
- Strong business acumen and consulting skills
- Critical thinker with excellent communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Solid understanding of HR systems, job codes and salary tables
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to forge effective relationships through all organizational levels and with vendors
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and our Talent team will be sure to review and get back to you with details on next steps.
- Partners closely with the Management Teams on a variety of projects, including total rewards program design and maintenance, market salary and business analysis, budgeting, implementation of new programs
- Performs financial modelling and cost analysis for any total-rewards/benefits-related initiatives
- Performs financial month end reporting for each of the business units specific to compensation expenses, variance reporting and analysis on KPIs
- Administers local and international total rewards base pay and bonus programs, including quarterly and/or annual focal reviews and bonus cycles
- Provides analytical and technical support in plan design, financing, pricing and delivery of medical, dental, life and disability programs
- Analyzes claims, identifying anomalies, estimating future plan costs and developing pricing models
- Tracks key business and financial metrics, and prepares timely reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Manages projects such as survey participation, analysis, and compensation integration for Traction on Demand and Traction on Demand Group of Companies as required
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensure localized compliance and requirements. Works with People Team to educate and assist managers with compensation-related issues and recommendations.
- Alongside the People Team, handles processing and administration of compensation changes for specific departments/individuals in a timely and accurate manner
- Work in partnership with different areas of the business to resolve problems and to ensure compensation guidelines and methodologies are applied correctly
- Assist in budgeting & forecasting processes by providing guidelines and framework for each business area
- Works within HRIS system and with BT to ensure that the [HRIS software] system meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to salary structures, bonus programs, etc.
- Communicates salary and bonus programme information to new hires and/or in orientation/onboarding sessions
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we're about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology - salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world's largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Traction on Demand
Posted: February 22, 2019
Closes: April 23, 2019