Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
Responsible for coordinating and supporting major and minor component overhaul processes, work order management and effective communication with the Finning team and external customers to ensure compliance in Finning's operational excellence and customer service commitment.Job Description:
- Gather and compile machine information, warranty, CAT, component history, product improvement program and product support programs letters and all technical information required. Establishes Scope of Work and creates appropriate job binder.
- Manage both internal and external customer interactions by responding to incoming service inquiries and informing customers of repairs, service reports and estimated time of completion in compliance with Finning's Customer Service Commitment.
- Responsible for processing incoming component supply requests via the online component request application.
- Request and receive purchase orders (POs).
- Monitor component flow through the processes to ensure timely completion and elimination/escalation of roadblocks.
- Complete pro-ration calculator, generate pricing for 'add charges' and quotation(s) for contract components as required
- Review the do not repair (DNR) list from supply chain to proactively manage and influence sales levels and escalate do not repairs as required.
- Generate quotes for component transactions and forward appropriate parties for customer approval
- Manage service work orders and job files in compliance with Service Operational Excellence process and procedures, including managing Service Work in Progress (SWIP), creating, maintaining and archiving service work orders and job files.
- Accountable for accurate and timely timecard entry.
- Understand and abide by all safety policies and guidelines. All safety related training is to be complete and current.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the desire to learn to support and direct the technical questions
- Prior Caterpillar product line, General Line technical and/or Power Systems technical experience
- Prior experience in customer service, Caterpillar dealership experience and/or experience in equipment, service, parts or warranty
- Demonstrated commitment to safety culture
- Adapt to change in the work environment to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of exchange component sales process, quoting repair options and repair structure and job set up
- Quoting repair options and repair structure, Service Work In Progress (SWIP) management process and financial impacts
- Experience dealing with and interpreting contracts
- Experience in a service shop would be considered an asset
- Proficient in MS Office Applications, specifically Access, Excel, and Word, Infor and internal systems
- Understanding of Finning's Customer Service commitment, warranty program, service billing process and procedures, and Finning and Caterpillar warranty processes would be an asset
- Understanding of Finning and CAT products, parts and mechanical services would be an asset
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.