Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
Reporting to the Condition Monitoring Manager, Mining, the Condition Monitoring Analyst l, (CMA) Mining role supports the customer by maximizing productivity, lowering cost per ton, and assists in the sales effort by conveying our differentiated product support offering to our customers.
The CMA takes a proactive approach to maintenance by utilizing the latest technologies and available equipment data to provide recommendations that allow our customers to optimize their fleets. Our monitoring software allows multiple data sources (Fluid analyses, Machine Inspections, Repair History, Equipment Data, Site Conditions) to be analyzed and interpreted by a team of CMAs. Based on knowledge and experience, the CMA will interpret the information, create a recommendation and assign a priority level before sharing the recommendation with the key stake holder and customers.
Remote equipment monitoring is an evolving technology across the Mining industry and our Condition Monitoring Team members are partnering with our customers in innovative ways to improve Finning's ability to improve mechanical availability and reduce equipment total cost of ownership.
We look forward to you joining our team!Job Description:
- Review and interpret condition management data to diagnose failure modes 50%
- Communicate equipment condition to customers/Finning personnel to initiate preventive action 10%
- Follow up on previous recommendations to ensure problem resolution and identify learning opportunities. 10%
- Evaluate effectiveness of the recommendations and quantify benefits to the customer 10%
- Provide recommendation at fleet level to reduce customer cost and improve operator behavior 10%
- Actively participate in projects to improve condition monitoring processes 10%
- Heavy Duty Mechanic, Mechanical or Mining Engineering Degree, or similar education
- 2 years of mechanical experience required
- Understanding Condition Monitoring workflow & Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) knowledge will be consider an asset.
- Knowledge of Fluid Analysis interpretation
- Extended knowledge of mining equipment (Large Off Highway Trucks, Shovels, Track Type Tractors, Motor Graders) and mine site processes considered an asset
- Working knowledge of engines, powertrain, hydraulics, electronic system, and telematics.
- Service experience at Finning or another Caterpillar dealer will be an asset
This position will work on a rotational basis which would include weekend coverage
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.