Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
We are looking for a Consultant to join our Risk Advisory practice in Calgary. While you will be primarily involved in execution of General Information Technology Controls (GITCs) audits for various public and private clients as part of the IT Assurance service offering, you may also be involved in the following:
- IT Internal Audit - provide value-added and relevant analyses of an organization's internal control structure, performance, productivity, and efficiency;
- IT Advisory projects in the areas of Internal Controls Certification for Canadian and US listed companies;
- Projects in the general IT Security space; and
- Projects involving testing of automated and manual business process controls.
As a Consultant, you will:
- Execute on GITC or other projects;
- Work in a collaborative team analyzing client issues and interviewing key personnel;
- Assist with the development of recommendations and presentations for client engagements; and
- Identify issues and define symptoms.
External Posting Qualifications
- Between 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- University degree in a computer science, business or accounting discipline with outstanding grades
- Professional designation or willingness to obtain one is preferred (e.g. CISA, CPA or CIA)
- A strong IT background is preferred
- Experience with audits of US and Canadian listed companies, regulatory expectations and documentation requirements is an asset
- A Big 4 or other firm experience is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to effectively work with others effectively in teams
- Ability to synthesize information and produce concise synopses/summaries
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Multi-tasker and effective time management skills
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Posted: February 21, 2019
Closes: April 22, 2019