Permanent Reference code
:105782 Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization. By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality. If you are ready to accelerate your career as an established IT Auditor, then the time has come to consider Deloitte. This is a growing team with several openings in our Calgary & Winnipeg offices. If that's you, and you've always dreamed of joining Deloitte, now is the time to act! What will your typical day look like?
As an IT Auditor, you will be responsible for leading fieldwork audits of controls at various organizations, including assessing the effectiveness of their controls according to an established audit assessment framework for IT systems. This includes using established tools and methodologies to develop audit plans, collect and analyze data, document and support results.
As a Consultant in the IT & Specialized Assurance practice, you will be participating in engagements in the IT audit space (assessment of IT controls as part of the financial statement audits, in accordance with US and Canadian standards as well as private company audit standards), other Assurance engagements (SOC 1 & 2 audits, specified procedures etc.) , IT Internal Audits and IT internal controls certification engagements related to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley legislation in the US and National Instrument 52-109 (NI 52-109 or C-SOX) in Canada.
You will undergo training in the various types of engagements mentioned above, will learn Deloitte's methodologies and approaches in these areas to be able to conduct your work effectively and efficiently and add value to our clients. About the team
We help organizations transform the ways they leverage people, third-party relationships, technology, data, business processes and controls to manage operational risks and elevate business performance. We deliver risk and control services related to IT, entity level, and business process controls and help organizations address regulator and marketplace demand to manage third- party risk through our third party assurance and third-party optimization services. Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• 1 to 3 years' experience in internal controls, system audit or systems implementation, or other related field, with a specific focus on IT security
- Big 4 experience and knowledge of IT Audit and Assurance/Advisory engagements in accordance with various standards above will be preferred
• Knowledge of COSO, ITIL, COBIT or other internal control frameworks
• Knowledge of operating systems (UNIX, Windows, AS/400, OS), of database management systems (Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, etc..) or telecommunications (router, hub, firewall, Cisco, Checkpoint, etc.)
• Has the intention to complete training leading to the acquisition of a professional designation (CPA, CISA, CIA or CISSP)
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in IT, or Accounting is a definite asset Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm. They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way:Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity:Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other:We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion:We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact:We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Risk Management, Telecom, Telecommunications, Developer, Equity, Finance, Technology
Management and Executive