Overview You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. Overview of the opportunity:
Our Technology Risk Consulting services team is growing, and we are seeking a talented individual at the Consultant and Senior Consultant level to join KPMG's Technology Risk team in Calgary. The Technology Risk Consulting practice provides a variety of services to our clients. The successful candidate will focus primarily on providing SOC 1 / SOC 2 / SOC 3 / ISO based services to clients in the Financial Services, Technology and Telecom, and in the Public Sector space and also demonstrate flexibility on IT project and ERP advisory services. They will also be involved in training and guiding our new campus hires.
Learn more about KPMG Technology Risk Consulting here.
At KPMG we have embraced a virtual first work environment; however, this role must be located in either Edmonton, AB or Saskatoon, SK. The team looks forward to representing KPMG and growing our Technology Risk Consulting practice locally through industry events and client meetings when safe to do so. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Conduct assessments of IT risks and controls, including general IT controls and automated controls embedded within information systems in support of our external audit engagements.
- Perform other engagements within the context of supporting the external audit, IT internal audit or attestation engagements such as CSAE 3416 / SSAE 18 Service Organization Control (SOC) audits and assessment of controls.
- Review new and existing systems in terms of adequacy of controls, security, operational considerations, conversion issues and project management assessment.
- The review and provision of advice and assistance on business process controls.
- Lead field engagement teams as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff members.
- Identify and implement improvements in existing processes and procedures.
- Evaluate the risks and the adequacy of controls associated with IT, applications, operating systems, databases and interfaces and business cycle controls
- Interact with various clients to understand their environments and needs; manage expectations of clients and different managers/partners.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
- Completion of or working towards one or a combination of the following designations; CPA, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CISM.
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in assessing information technology or business process risk ideally within a large consulting practice.
- Experience with IT General Controls and controls based audits (e.g., CSAE 3416 or SSAE 18).
- Experience with the identification and or evaluation of process level controls.
- Experience in the testing of controls in different IT environments.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills being able to express insights, both written and orally.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organization and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (within Canada), when safe to do so and travel restrictions are lifted.
Keys to your success:
- Understanding of Industry Standards and frameworks such as COBIT, ISO 27001 and 27002, NIST and COSO is considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of IT and audit risks. Understanding of business processes is an asset.
- Experience within an external audit practice. is considered an asset.
- Positive attitude
- Drive for success
- Continuous desire to learn and improve.
- Adaptability to the ever-growing trends in Technology Risk
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
Customer Service and Support