At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Transaction Services team helps our clients drive value from mergers and acquisitions (M&A) with a forward-thinking approach to deal planning. We are looking to grow our team with an extremely capable Senior Consultant.
Our team helps buyers, sellers, private equity investors, and lenders in developing and executing on their M&A strategies.
As trusted advisors to our clients, we keep in regular dialogue with the CEO, CFO, Principals, and other the primary decision makers to keep them well consulted through the deal lifecycle.
We offer our clients start-to-finish support in the acquisition process, including coordination and execution of financial due diligence investigations, input on strategy, identification and mitigation of risk areas, and input and advice on contract terms geared to reduce risks. We also assist our clients with a host of services to help close the transaction and prepare for post-deal integration.
Our people are motivated self-starters with expertise across finance, valuation, tax, accounting and financial reporting.
This role offers you the opportunity to work in a fast paced and exciting environment, as part of a close-knit team of professionals, who have over 150 years of combined M&A experience. Over the last 4 years our Transaction Services team has tripled in size and we are continuing to grow at a record pace. Each project team is typically comprised of 4 or 5 people, giving you plenty of interaction with both junior and senior members of the team, and an incredible opportunity to learn on the job.
Learn more here: Transaction Services, Deal Advisory - KPMG What you will do
Working in multi-disciplinary teams, you will apply your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions and at different stages of the transaction cycle. As a Senior Consultant in the Transaction Services team, you will:
What you bring to the role
- Evaluate a business' historical performance and sustainability of earnings/cash flows, working capital cycles, financial projections, key contractual commitments, accounting policies and management control environment by performing relevant financial analysis.
- Identify and report key issues to decision-makers at clients in written and verbal reports.
- Undertake smaller assignments or assist on larger assignments reporting to a manager, senior manager, or a partner.
- Participate in KPMG's engagement teams with senior client executives, attorneys, and investors.
- Establish credibility and develop relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Provide support/assistance for proposals.
- Contribute to the effective working of the team and development of team morale.
- Occasionally support one of our other business units in a cross-functional role (e.g. Valuations, Corporate Finance, Restructuring, Global Infrastructure Advisory Group, etc.).
Keys to your success:
- A professional designation (CPA, CA), along with experience in Audit, Transaction Services or other relevant finance experience.
- Financial and commercial awareness with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Above-average proficiency using Microsoft Excel.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .