On behalf of our client, located in Calgary, AB we are searching for a Controller to join their team. Under the direction of the General Manager, with the assistance from the Head Office Financial team the Division Controller will be looked upon to plan, coordinate, and manage day-to-day financials, prepare monthly financial statements, and management of documents and job tasks related to those areas. As part of the management team, the Division Controller will collaboratively work to engage and assist team members in various departments while adding value to help grow the business through the development of strong account policies, procedures and standards and financial reporting.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on individual that can take initiative while being a solid business partner and provide financial guidance to the team. They will possess a “roll up their sleeves” attitude with a history of producing results. Individuals motivated by the chance to contribute to the overall success and of a reputable company, and who thrive on the challenges and opportunities that come with a small and dynamic organization will want to pursue this opportunity.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction in all aspects of the accounting operation
- Provides leadership and day to day supervision as it relates to payroll, accounting and construction costing functions.
- Prepares and reviews budgets, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices and other accounting documents and entries. Ensures entries and work occurs on a timely basis and is recorded properly.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements and reports as required. Presents these items at meetings held.
- Performs analysis of general ledger accounts as necessary and provides input on the effective tracking of key accounts.
- Performs cost and revenue analysis as required and makes suggestions for improvement in both areas.
- Ensures documents and practices surrounding material integrity and inventory/asset management are in place and effective.
- Works as the point of contact for office and facility enquiries. Works closely with the Management team to ensure operations run smoothly.
- Works closely with local office team members as well as with head office team members and external auditors or accountants.
- Acts as an effective performance coach and supervisor to all office team members that report to this position. This includes, assisting with recruitment, completion of performance reviews and management of day to day interactions.
- Maintains confidentiality pertaining to all aspects of team member and company matters
- Cooperate with all areas within the company while developing goals and plans to ensure department and company objectives are met
- Implements cost-effective procedures and production improvements
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education with a minimum of three to five years of financial management experience
- Accounting Designation (CPA, CGA, CMA)
- Strong ability to plan and delegate tasks
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Strong understanding of IT systems and proficient with all Microsoft products
- Experience in the administration and maintenance of accounting systems and processes
- Proven ability to build effective internal and external working relationships
- Ability to problem-solve and make sound recommendations pertaining to organization effectiveness
- Advanced analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Past management/supervision experience an asset
- A professional and positive attitude and approach to work
This role will appeal to a detailed-oriented individual that is looking to be a leader and become a true business partner to an organization’s management team with both a financial and operational skillset. If you feel you have the demonstrated background and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please forward your resume with your application.
If you feel you have the demonstrated background and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please forward your resume with your application. If you have any questions, please call our Recruitment Consultant, AJ Beaudry, at Aj.email@example.com
Accounting Construction, Mining and Trades Management and Executive