Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
Our Calgary office is looking for a Corporate Finance Analyst to provide strategic M&A advice to our mid-market clients. This is an opportunity to gain significant client facing experience and deal exposure, while playing a critical role in a highly successful group. Accountabilities include:
• Responsible for assisting in executing and closing mid-market, private and public company M&A transactions across all sectors.
• Work with Directors and Managing Directors to proactively develop M&A ideas for clients
• Assist in building and maintaining relationships with existing and potential clients
• Prepare market documents, including pitch materials, confidential offering memoranda, management presentations, fairness opinions and board presentation
• Quickly developing an understanding of the client business and its drivers, including analysis of historical performance, working capital, capital expenditure, forecasts and underlying assumptions
• Conduct financial and industry due diligence to evaluate the risk/return parameters of a transaction
• Develop proactive pitch presentations on actionable M&A opportunities
• Support Directors and Managing Directors in their relationship management responsibilities, including interaction with current and prospective clients
Ideal candidates will possess most or all of the following:
• Sound financial modeling and valuation experience
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative
• Transaction and execution experience
• Demonstrated interest in business development work, including networking experience
External Posting Qualifications
• Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
• Completion or in progress of a designation (CPA, CFA or CBV)is required
• 1-3 years of relevant work experienceDeadline to apply: Friday, February 1st 2019.Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Posted: February 21, 2019
Closes: April 22, 2019