Finning Canada Number of Openings:
Under the direction of the Associate General Counsel of Finning Canada or her delegate, this position provides support to Finning Canada's legal team. The Corporate Paralegal will perform a variety of legal and administrative duties in the area of corporate/commercial law with a primary focus on supporting the contracting process, including: drafting, review, and negotiation of contracts with the ability to identify and mitigate risks in accordance with approved risk standards and corporate policies. This role will also be responsible for the preparation of reports on various legal matters, and assisting with other legal functions as assigned from time to time by department lawyers.Job Description:
- Provide contract support by reviewing, drafting, and negotiating terms and conditions directly with internal and/or external customers and/or suppliers, under supervision of lawyers in the Finning Canada legal group, using Finning standard form templates or supplier or customer form agreements;
- Acting as a liaison between Finning stakeholders, Finning management and suppliers or customers;
- Overseeing the contract management system and processes, including workflow, including ensuring all contracts are complete, executed, and uploaded into the centralized contract management system;
- Reporting directly to internal legal counsel any contract issues, outstanding contract items, and any other areas of concern pertaining to risk or legal issues;
- Educating internal business partners on contract practices, and providing ongoing consultation to ensure consistent application and compliance;
- Preparing and organizing other legal documents or reports related to the development and implementation of corporate policies, procedures and templates; insurance matters; facilities matters; and/or the management of litigation, as may be assigned from time to time.
Education & Experience:
- Thorough understanding of legal terms and conditions and the ability to interpret, modify and negotiate legal terms, with assistance and support from legal counsel;
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in identifying legal issues and knowing when to engage legal counsel;
- Strongly detail oriented;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team;
- Effective interpersonal communication and consulting skills to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Advanced organizational and time management skills to juggle multiple concurrent projects and demands;
- Strong analytical skills to process and communicate information to others;
- Proficiency with the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Practical experience and theoretical knowledge in contract preparation and process at a regional and global level.
- 5+ years' experience in a legal or corporate environment;
- Paralegal diploma or university degree considered an asset but not required;
- Significant relevant experience in assisting and supporting lawyers;
- Fluency in Spanish considered an asset but not required.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.