231 Sage Valley Common NW, Calgary, Alberta, T3R 1T8
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important?
This is a NEW STORE anticipated to open July/August 2020.SUMMARY:
To manage resources of the Cosmetic department in order to maximize and achieve sales targets. To model excellence in customer service and demonstrate the highest level of professionalism to every customer and staff member. The ideal Cosmetic Manager will:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive a Passion for Results - Drive store sales, champion the Customer experience, plan and drive execution and drive overall improvement
- Provide Thought Leadership - Analyze and solve problem, support strategies, apply business acumen
- Engage our People - Build collaborative relationships, build talent, engage and inspire, communicate effectively, influence others
- demonstrate Personal Leadership - Build trust, adapt and learn, lead by example on all Shoppers Drug Mart initiatives (eg. Derm Consultations, Makeup Artistry, etc.)
- Utilizes corporate Sales Tracking Tools and Dashboard to set sales goals and adapt sales program to meet targets
- Sells to customers and coaches / mentors staff in selling skills
- Ensures sales maximized through developing effective sales techniques
- Strives at a minimum to achieve and meet sales total department targets
- Assists in determining that financial objectives for Cosmetic department are established and achieved
- Ensures staff achieve productivity objectives
- Ensures brand sales are tracked and annual targets are achieved
- Always put the Customer first and provides superior customer service, consultations, demonstrations (ie: make-up applications, skin consultations, and fragrance demonstrations)
- Monitors and communicates CSI survey results and objectives with team members
- Uses tools and resources provided to demonstrate expertise, to build customer loyalty, and to grow sales. These tools include, but are not limited to: beautyRX Derm Tools: Moisture Checker and Video Microscope, iPad for eClienteling and to promote Assisted Selling, vendor or corporate gift with purchase items, PC Optimum points program, samples, corporate offers, Cosmetics and Makeup Brushes for application on Customers, etc.
- Actively models the desired behavior with eClienteling to provide superior customer service and maximize sales, and to help reach department targets on all eClienteling metrics, and monitors the usage by staff
- Utilizes and maintains a robust Siebel - Back End eClienteling system
- Books appointments for events and manages annual incremental event schedule
- Promotes products through marketing and encourages use of the PC Optimum program
- Introduces and promotes Assisted Selling to customers
- Answers customer inquiries regarding products, return policies, etc.
- Resolves customer complaints according to established guidelines
- Ensures staff are trained to beauty sales standards
- Mentors, coaches, trains, and motivates staff with respect to selling, make-up application, and consultations
- Creates an environment where "selling is fun"
- Assists in hiring quality Cosmeticians with excellent customer service and selling skills
- Develops and reviews development plans with staff to upgrade skills
- Challenges Cosmeticians continuously to attain targeted goals
- Addresses performance issues directly, with respect and fairness, involving the Front Store Manager where necessary
- Prepares performance appraisals in association with Front Store Manager
- Recommends performance pay increases to the Associate-Owner
- Demonstrates a professional image, including clean and complete uniform with name badge, full make-up, and wearing only cosmetic and fragrance brands that Shoppers Drug Mart sells
- Ensures team and self utilizes Derm Centre (where applicable) when conducting Skin Care Demonstrations and Consultations with each Cosmetician, aiming to achieve "3" per eight hour shift or "1" per four hour shift
- Articulates and demonstrates "Blue Culture Principles" and C.O.R.E Values"
- Fosters an environment that supports "Blue Culture Principles" and "C.O.R.E Values" and engages team members
Marketing and Merchandising
- Utilizes corporate sales tools to continuously track Cosmetic sales
- Ensures Cosmetic Operating Standards are in place
- Identifies "peak hours" and schedules shifts accordingly
- Works with FSM to maintain balanced Cosmetic inventory and overall department image
- Ensures staff attend and participate in Shoppers Drug Mart specific training programs ie: Programs found on SDMU
- Works with FSM to ensure pricing, signing, and ticketing of merchandise is accurate
- Designates Cosmeticians as specific brand captains and ensures they attend appropriate vendor school
- Reviews and uses customer service survey scores as a motivational and educational tool for the Cosmetic team
- Adheres to image/ uniform guidelines
- Works with merchandisers to implement displays to reflect promotional programs as communicated on the In-Store Web
- Co-ordinates and implements in-store promotions
- Follows New and Now calendar provided
- Creates incremental calendar of in-store events
- Conducts outbound marketing and networking within the community
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
- Complies with all store policies and procedures
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures and ensures they are executed in the department
- Acts professional at all times
- Planning, Judgment and Decision Making
- Independent thinking and decision making when dealing with issues related to customer's needs and wants
- Judgment & decisions would be made based on ability to ask the right questions leading to product choice for the appropriate solutions
- This position requires the ability to act upon tasks and goals outlined by management
- Develops a yearly plan for personal development
- Work in conjunction with the Associate-Owner and Front Store Manager to prepare and implement the Yearly Marketing Plan
- Ability to analyze situations based on business observations and identify people that need special attention
- Sales experience with a proven track record of achieving sales goals
- Cosmetic experience - Proven ability to demonstrate make-up application, fragrance, skin care consultations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Commitment to providing excellence in Customer Service
- Previous experience in leading a team
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to work in a fragrance filled environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
- Ability to bend and stretch to stock shelves
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
J2WRTLWhy work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.