933 Railway Avenue, Canmore, Alberta, T1W 1P3
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important? SUMMARY:
Maintains efficient flow of merchandise and supports all processes to maximize the selling opportunity for the Cosmetic/beauty BOUTIQUE staff.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Merchandising (Broad Base Spectrum
- Merchandising (Cosmetics Specific)
- Pooling Returns (weekly)
- Processes Returns (weekly)
- DC Tote Put-Away (as required)
- Event Set-Up (weekly)
- Event Recovery (weekly)
- Display/POP Put-Up (weekly)
- Maintains/organizes cosmetics, fragrance and dermatological drawers
- POG Updates (as required)
- Fixtures (as required)
- Pricing (as required)
- Filling, Facing and Cleaning (daily)
- Customer Return Morgue
- Cosmetics Lock-Up Maintenance
- Organizes backroom product
- Ensures product is replenished on shelves in a timely manner
- Cycle count - advises appropriate person on stock outs/shortages
- Assembles and displays pre-packs
- Manages exit strategy and inventory management reports
- Manages customer and pre-pack Return Authorization Numbers in a timely manner
- Completes all planogram adjustments and changes within provided timelines
- Displays signage and talkers accordingly including flyers and corporate markdowns
- Advanced skills in MMS and use of the PDT
- Expert in assigned areas of product inventory, product placement, expiry dates, promotion, etc.
- Maintains operating standard guidelines pertaining to image and trends in store
- Ensures product displays are consumer focused and "shoppable"
- Works with Front Store Manager and Cosmetic or beautyBOUTIQUE Manager to identify out of stock solutions and order replenishment opportunities
- Clean image to the customers in accordance with uniform policy and dress code guidelines (eg. approved uniform and name badge, clean appearance, etc.)
- Takes initiative to acknowledge and assist all customers in the aisles and transfer to Cosmetic Staff
- Supports the business to maximize the customer's experience
- Maintains security of the goods in the backroom in accordance with loss prevention policies and procedures
- Maintain security tagging on the designated products, as per Store Standards
- Maintains a neat and organized Cosmetic area in the backroom
- Ensures proper documentation is completed with respect to the receiving and return of goods
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
- Complies with all store policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required such as Cash duties
- Previous merchandising or customer service experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Commitment to providing excellence in Customer Service
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends.
- Ability to work in a fragrance filled environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
- Ability to bend and stretch to stock shelves
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
J2WRTL Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.