At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees. Job Description and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Counter Clerk will receive, issue, handle, ship, and record all Bucks store items and take perpetual cyclical inventory counts.EVRAZ is committed to maintaining and promoting a safe, healthy and injury-free environment. It is required for all jobs.
- Issue materials, record, and obtain necessary signatures
- Maintain records of incoming and outgoing items and equipment and obtain required signatures
- Report all tools and equipment lost or not returned
- Assist in loading and unloading material and signs necessary documentation
- Check incoming materials against packing slips, reporting discrepancies or damage and place in correct location
- Take perpetual inventory counts and complete orders
- Notify appropriate personnel of any procedural abnormalities
- Keep work area clean
- Observe and follow all safety rules and regulations
- Performs other duties as they might be assigned
- High School or equivalent
- No experience necessary but previous work experience in a manufacturing, production, or similar scrap yard/auto part environment will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of automotive components, an asset
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position including standing, walking, sitting, climbing, crawling, kneeling, bending, moderate to heavy lifting, and pushing and pulling
- Computer literate with intermediate skill level for Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic math skills
- Organized and able to prioritize competing priorities
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing and over mobile radio devices
- Polite and friendly with a customer service orientation
- Strong work ethic, uses time efficiently
- Able to work with minimal supervision/general oversight
- Strong attention to detail with a keen knack for accuracy when inputting data
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work (remote location, not accessible by bus)
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted. Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations and statutory holidays
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com
or call: (312) 533-3577. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!