CPO 18R - Community Integration Specialist
Community Program Officer R18
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
North Vancouver, BC V7P 3M7 CA
Richmond, BC V7C 4M9 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
$58,319.24 - $66,096.20 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Social Dev & Poverty Reduction
Ministry Branch / Division
Service Delivery Division/Community Integration Services Branch
Job Summary Community Integration Specialist
Community Program Officer R18
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary and/or permanent vacancies.
Successful applicants are required to physically work in Vancouver, North Vancouver, or Richmond and are not eligible to be placed elsewhere in the province under this competition.Connect people in B.C. with supports to achieve better social outcomesCommunity Integration Specialists
are important links in their communities. They create trust-based relationships to help people navigate systems and access support services. Acting as a connection to community-based supports and services, they communicate available Ministry services and programs to help people meet their needs.
As a Community Integration Specialist, you will work with people who may have mental health and substance use challenges and are at risk of losing their housing or experiencing homelessness. You'll work with government and community-based non-profit agencies. You'll continuously build relationships and increase awareness of your role in the community. In delivering service through outreach programs, you'll consider each person's unique needs and cultural wellness when making decisions, advocating and liaising on their behalf.
Watch this video to hear from current Community Integration Specialists about the work they do.
In your role, you'll work in the community most of the time (up to 85% of your scheduled work week). As part of a cohesive team, you'll be supported with comprehensive training, and a coach /mentor relationship.Find balance in our flexible work environment
The Service Delivery Division provides a flexible work environment with many unique benefits, including a scheduled day off every two weeks.
The BC Public Service provides many additional benefits. These include:
- The Pacific Leaders program for ongoing education
- Parental leave top-up
- Excellent extended health care
- A pension.
For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our clients. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact SDSI.OPSSupport.Hiring@gov.bc.ca
.DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.For an overview of the competition process, visit Hiring Process for Applicants .If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
*Related experience must include at least two of the following:
- Secondary School graduation and3yearsrelated experience*
- Evergreen Certificate (School Completion Certificate) and4yearsrelated experience*
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Community, volunteer or customer service experience
- Experience working with people who are living in poverty, and may be experiencing homelessness, mental health and/or substance use challenges
- Experience working with people with disabilities
Related experience could have been gained in either a community/volunteer or professional/employment capacity.Preference may be given to applicants who have one or more of the following:
- Experience working in community organizations and/or with multiple service providers
- Direct or indirect experience of addiction, poverty, homelessness, or mental health challenges
- Due to the nature of this role, preference may be given to qualified applicants who identify as Indigenous (First Nations status or non-status, Inuit and/or Métis), LGBTQ2S+, a Person with a Disability, and/or a Visible Minority, with the required combination of education and experience
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service. If a previous record exists, this does not automatically exclude the applicant and the hiring manager will follow up for further conversation.
- Must be comfortable working in encampments, on the street and areas where individuals who are experiencing homelessness gather.
- Will be required to have a valid BC driver's license within six months of starting the position.
- Travel may be required.
- Practice reasonable precautions in the performance of duties and adhere to all safety rules and practices to ensure personal safety as well as safety to colleagues, individuals, and others.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
A resume is required as part of your application; however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Community and Social Services