Finning Canada Number of Openings:
This position is responsible for assisting customers and branch employees with credit account inquiries and requests. It focuses on collection of past due accounts and mitigating the risks associated with extending credit through proper and regular review of customers' accounts. The Customer Account Representative ensures that corporate policies and guidelines are followed with all credit and collection processes while delivering a high level of customer service that supports business and sales strategic objective.
These role are full time temporary - One year contract and we can offer you a flexible work environmentJob Description:Portfolio Management:
- Administer collection activity and build and maintain the credit history file in utilized enterprise resource system (M3, SalesLink or other assigned systems
- Manage assigned accounts, includes contacting customers to follow up on accounts, reviewing accounts and notes receivables reports regularly to identify follow up requirements, monitoring and communicating customer portfolio and regional customer metrics to internal stakeholders, processing small balance write off, account adjustment, and account reconciliation, and resolving dispute, discrepancies and short payments
- Assist in branches when receiving request for Deferral's, General Security Agreements (GSA), garage keepers liens and escalate to Team Lead.
- Negotiate repayment arrangements within a 90 day repayment period; escalate to Team Lead and or Credit Manager for protracted periods.
- Collect on past due accounts and report to Account Receivable Team Lead and or Credit Manager on accounts requiring legal action, repossession, bad debt write off and identified as risk.
- Provide customer service on accounts, includes forwarding invoices, processing credit card authorization forms, processing customer refund request; completion of Write-Off forms, Credit Matrix, and submission to the appropriate assigned signing authority.
- Responding to customer enquiries, by promptly answering the queue line.
- Reconciliation of AR accounts as required
- Approve credit releases for parts, service and rentals request and authorize requests over the set credit limit
- Prepare weekly & monthly AR reports as assigned
- Other assigned duties as required
- 1-3 years of high volume corporate collections experience
- 1-3 years' experience processing accounts receivable
- Strong Excel & account reconciliation skills
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
- Knowledgeable of the Personal Property Security Act (PPSA), Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) and Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA)
- Knowledgeable of basic business law and basic tax law
- Knowledgeable of credit procedures and CCAA (Customer Credit Agreement Act)
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Banking, Finance and Insurance