Company: Finning CanadaPosting End Date:
Jul 25, 2019Number of Openings:
This role will have accountability to lead the transformation of our customer journey. Championing the company vision around customer centricity and applying expert knowledge in order to build sustainably differentiated customer experiences. Engaging the hearts and minds of our customers, employees and partners.
The successful candidate will measure and close the gap between the intended customer sales experience and the actual customer sales experience and will work with employees at all levels in the organization to design and influence adopting these changes. Success in the role will be defined by increased customer satisfaction and achieving product and services sales business objectives which will ultimately be measured by positive movement in Finning's market position and net promoter score. Job Description:
Major Job Functions:
Working with business leads to map and create a consistent, transparent and deliverable customer experience journey. Lead activities and resources and engage people at entry level of the organization. Build 'Our Promise' framework included in the prioritization of company initiatives. (40%)
- Develop a total customer experience program inclusive of all the solutions and channels Finning offers (new, used, rental, service, technology, and digital). Work with Corporate Accounts Products and Services Sales Manager to design an innovative solution that sets us apart from our key competitors and creates customer experience excellence
- Partner with Finning's Industry Managers to ensure marketing messaging and objectives are incorporated into designs
- Working with other senior managers ensure that there is consistency in the delivery of all aspects of customer experience across the enterprise which aligns with the overall vision and strategy.
- Work closely with branch operations and sales leadership to ensure the design goes beyond the showroom and that Finning has the required resources and processes that enable the desired customer experiences
- Provide leadership to the Corporate Customer Experience and Marketing Team
- Incorporate digital solutions into the customer experience to ensure both Finning's traditional and digital solutions are portrayed to the customer. An example would be highlighting Finning eCommerce capability in the customer experience as an alternative purchase channel for parts, attachments and equipment. (20%)
- Work closely with Finning's Digital Team to understand Finning's digital capabilities and incorporate into the total customer experience
- Partner with Digital to ensure there is a consistent experience between Finning's digital and traditional branch experiences and ensuring flow between the two is seamless
Measure and report on the ongoing contribution of Finning's customer experience towards improving Finning's market share, achieving specific sales objectives and driving improvements in Finning's net promoter score (20%)
- Completing ongoing reviews of the success of the customer experience program and communicate results to the key stakeholders
- Continuously maintain a clear, consistent and accurate feedback mechanism which builds a view of our performance versus our stated customer experience. Gather data and analysis, through both traditional and digital methods which enables insight which supports the continuous improvement of our digital and physical experiences.
- Identifying and making recommendations on changes to the program to achieve business objectives
Manage the ongoing sustainability of a well-executed and consistent customer experience across all Finning locations (20%)
- Work with the sales force, facilities and the marketing team to ensure the customer experience designs/programs are implemented in a timely matter and sustained through the branch operations
- High performer who craves the challenges of career growth and development, and a natural leader with a demonstrable history of supporting and influencing others.
- Creative, engaging, influential and motivating, and have outstanding communication skills
- Process driven approach to business management
- Experience in program design, implementation and sustainability experience (new, used, rental, service and merchandizing)
- Experience leveraging customer and market research to optimize solution development
- Business/Marketing Acumen in the heavy equipment industry (i.e. site development, landscaping, agriculture, equipment rental)
- Customer-Focused and experienced at needs-based selling
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to adapt approach to connect both with front-line employees and senior executives.
- Ability to handle complexity and balance with big picture
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Basic knowledge of the Industries Finning operates in including, construction, forestry, oil & gas, power systems
- An understanding of how Caterpillar and non-Cat new, rental and used equipment provides value in the markets we support
- Quantify and qualify the quality total customer experience on an ongoing basis.
- Using data, identify processes that need to be adjusted to drive continuous improvements in our customer experience. Foster a culture where each of us create, grow and maintain a culture in which knowing the customer and delivering a great customer experience is embedded in Finning DNA.
- Accountable for the development of the Unique Selling Propositions for connecting assets across the business. Customer Loyalty - NPS 80% by 2020 (2017 71% Aftermarket).
- Delivery of New Equipment and Field Service Standards. Owner of process and technologies to deliver goals set by Our Promise.
- Implementing a consistent retail customer experience across Finning's retail branch network
- Working with Caterpillar to continuously innovate the total customer experience
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on outcomes - sales, market share and net promoter score
- Identifying our relative position against our competitors to determine competitive advantage gaps
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing or Business
- 8+ years' experience designing, implementing and managing customer relationships and programs
- Experience working with mid-level Managers to understand business needs, present recommendations and implement sustainable solutions
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.