Data Analyst/Developer Calgary, AB Job Type: 5 month contract with extensions
- Directly supporting Data Architect and Data Team to setup cloud infrastructure using Terraform
- Maintain, evolve and improve the reliability of the Data Integration Layer and Data Lake availability and functionality
- Develop Data Infrastructure, assets and models in support of product development efforts
- Troubleshoot and debug system failure, develop and deploy long term solutions for our Data Integration Layer
- Support current and new ETL jobs, ETL flow and data mapping deployments for various initiatives
- Acquire and transform data from primary and/or secondary data sources to support ETL flow
- Identify, analyze, Interpret and analyze data trends and patterns to develop datasets for business needs
- Work closely to support and enhance data models, queries, integrations, and other ongoing production support tasks.
- Support current and future data modelling tasks and jobs
This role requires skills and experience in any Integration technologies, JAVA / Python programming, Unix/Bash Shell scripting, good SQL knowledge and experience with one or more DB and Data technologies (AWS primarily). Any experience of working in a financial institution would be considered as a perk. We might also look for the following in your resume:
- Recognized post-secondary Information Technology university/ college/ technical school or industry certification
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, analyze, design and disseminate significant amounts of information with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience on AWS EMR with PySpark, Python and AWS Tech Stack (Must Have)
- Experience in standing up cloud infrastructure using Terraform (Must Have)
- Experience in developing, managing, troubleshooting and addressing issues/concerns in a timely manner
- Experience with SQL Server 2016 and PostgreSQL 11
- Data modelling skills, and proficiency with SQL (i.e. T-SQL, PL/pgSQL, PL/V8).
- Working experience of Linux (e.g. RHEL, Ubuntu, Debian) or Unix variant (e.g. FreeBSD, AIX, macOS) Operating Systems.
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program . Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.