At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Data Centre Technician (DCT) is the initial point of customer contact at CGY2 and is responsible for ensuring the data centre and building are maintained in a professional and secure manner. This position is responsible for delivering a high level of customer satisfaction on all interactions. The DCT will be the first responder and primary point of contact for incidents in the data centre. This position reports to the Data Centre Manager. The DCT will be primarily responsible for:
• Ensuring the property, both internally and externally, is secure and properly protected for tenants and clients.
• Ensuring building and data centre security access cards are properly maintained, distributed and used.
• Providing effective surveillance monitoring of both base building and data centre areas.
• Ensuring all receiving is performed, recorded and announced in an accurate and expedient manner.
• Providing accurate and thorough site inspections and walk-throughs.
• Performing timely and concise escalation and exception reporting describing incidents outside of normal operating policy.
• Acting as primary point of contact for Operations Centre and Facility Management staff during a site incident
• Supporting Operations Centre and Facility Management staff as smart hands and eyes during a site incident
• Ensuring emergency responders are escorted to critical areas
• Overseeing emergency response procedures to ensure the safety of staff, tenants and customers
• Demonstrating strong shift turnover and peer communication practices
• Contributing to process documentation for all functions.
• Contributing to monthly reporting requirements by 4th workday each month.
• Assisting with tape handling, suite inspection and other "remote hands" services, as required
• Assisting with client on-boarding functions, as required.
• Maintaining a tidy, professional, and unobstructed work environment including customer accessible areas such as lobby, loading dock, etc. Competencies:
• Fluent English and excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong ability to build rapport with co-workers and clients Regular contact with:
• Service desk team members
• Departmental staff
• Trades people Education and/or Experience:
• High School graduation with some Post Secondary Education preferred
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Customer service experience
• Ability to work shifts and weekendsSchedule:
Full time Shift:
Rotating Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
1313 10th Avenue SW (161), Calgary, AB Travel Requirements:
None Posting Category/Function:
Call Centre Operations & Operations Support Requisition ID:
177336 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]
Find similar jobs:
Customer Service and Support Operations and Logistics