Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
Data is deeply embedded in the product and engineering culture at Finning, to maximize productivity and safety of Finning engineers and our customers. The Data Engineer will be focused on building a state-of-the-art data foundation to solve real world business challenges and optimizing Finning processes across a wide range of areas including supply chain, marketing, pricing, and sales. Working alongside a first-class Data Science team, this position will be developing reliable and scalable data-driven solutions for optimizing maintenance, inventory, fuel, scheduling, and other services for Finning customers. This position will require a background and love for data modeling, building batch processes, and working with data architects and infrastructure team to build end-to-end data processing pipelines.
The Data Engineer will work under the mentorship of Senior Data Engineers and other leaders on the team and work in collaboration with other members on the Finning Digital teams, including Project Managers, Product Managers, Visual Analysts, and Architects, Software and Data Engineers and more as we continue to explore new areas inside and outside of business, on our digital journey. This position will work with machine health and productivity data received from over 25,000 connected equipment, transactional data for Finning sales and services, customer relationship data, marketing data, and public data sources such as weather and macroeconomic factorsJob Description:
- Develop and maintain data integration processes that can consume data from many different sources in many different formats (40%)
- Work with the business and non-technical stakeholders to discover and document technical requirements and understanding the core problem (20%)
- Drive the continually improvement of ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating and/or simplifying self-service support (20%)
- Stay abreast of innovations in Cloud infrastructure, Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data Warehouse tools and technologies (20%)
- Extensive experience with SQL Server, SQL and T-SQL
- Ability to create SSIS packages that can handle ETL of large amount of data coming from different sources.
- Code in C# or Python
- Extensive understanding of relational and dimensional modelling.
- Experience working with data warehouse and maintaining the whole cycles from gathering requirements to delivering facts and dimensions to stakeholders
- Experience consuming and creating RESTFUL API's
- Experience with Apache Kafka is a plus
- Experience in infrastructure automation/orchestration is a plus
- Familiar with config management systems like Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible
- Experience with public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) and a solid understanding of the tradeoffs between PaaS and IaaS
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, other big data tools and distributed systems is a plus
- Exceptional communicator, collaborator, and influencer, and enjoy working with non-technical business stakeholders
- Comfortable balancing multiple projects and priorities in a highly dynamic, rapidly growing and evolving environment.
- Data warehousing
- Relational and dimensional modelling
- Data replication and ingestion
- Containers and container application platforms like K8s and Mesos
- Networks, storage, systems architecture
- CI/CD build systems
- Monitoring systems & Log Collection / Aggregation
Education & Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent. MS degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience coding in C# or Python
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with SSIS.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with relational databases, SQL and T-SQL (or any other procedural DB language)
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing data injection, consumption, ETL, data sanitization and developing and maintaining the whole cycle of a traditional data warehouse.
- Experience consuming, transforming, cleaning and persisting large amounts of data.
- Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting (SQL, MySQL
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.