Line of Service
Deal StrategyManagement Level
DirectorJob Description & Summary
A career in our Deals Strategy practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world's leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team helps companies navigate the accounting and financial reporting challenges of business combinations. As part of the team, you'll develop roadmaps of the driving economic objectives, determine the appropriate professionals needed, and consider financial reporting implications for deals.Responsibilities
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:Proactively lead the practise by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplinesBuilding strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalise on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectorsIdentifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunitiesResponsibility for a majority of day to day client communicationsResponsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteriaManage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the teamResponsibility for management of engagement financialsHelping to grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching
Additional Job Description:
· Developing the Deal Strategy business in Western Canada, supported by the national Deals Strategy and Value Creation leadership.
· Responsibility for project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership.
· Leadership of sales, market development and overall project delivery.
· Possess strong knowledge of the Energy sector and functional expertise such that you are viewed both internally and externally as a "subject matter specialist".
· Apply a strong knowledge of trends and business practices in multiple industries.
· Create and maintain long term relationships at a senior client level.
· Execute a client development and service plan on complex engagements working closely with Partners.
· Create a learning environment through leadership, participating in the development and delivery of industry training programs.
· Set the intellectual agenda for all client engagements for which you are responsible.
· Actively participate in professional association, industry, firm and community events.
· Assume internal leadership roles focused on practice development (e.g., recruiting, thought leadership/IP development). Please note that this role does not support completion of the Canadian CPA designation. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Up to 40%Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance