A career in our Financial Due Diligence practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world's leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.\n\nOur team assist organisations with both buy side and sell side due diligence. As part of our team, you'll help us provide both corporate and financial buyers with peace of mind by analysing and validating all the financial, commercial, operational and strategic assumptions being made.Purpose-led work you'll be part of
As a Transaction Services Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Leadership and project management:
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills by managing the entire process along the deal continuum and driving collaboration across all lines of service (Tax, HR, IT, etc.) and with other network firms
• Manage multiple project teams and lead others by example in delivering excellent client service
Transaction Services advisory skills:
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of the end to end transaction process, key deal issues and strategic implications, drawing on significant transactions experience with specialized expertise in one or more areas.
• Be responsible for the quality of client deliverables, including diligence reports, presentation of diligence findings to clients and discussion of wider deal implications.
• Take accountability for project risk management and identifying commercial, contractual and delivery risks
• Drive strong, trusted client relationships, as well as relationships within the firm and with other network firms.
• Focus on developing their personal brand and will proactively build and maintain professional networks to drive opportunities and generate new business
• Responsible for the coaching and continuing development of junior staff members. You'll be a designated career coach for one or more employees to actively support in their performance appraisals, long-term development and career progression
Budgeting and efficiency:
• Learn and adapt to new software tools, and encourage adoption of such tools to improve efficiency and insights gained through our analysis.
• Manage project budgeting, monitoring costs and raising bills and will ensure work is performed efficiently Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• Chartered Accountant Designation (CPA or local equivalent)
• Professional experience at a Senior Management / Director level, including solid Transaction Services experience
• Proven technical and analytical capabilities including financial and business performance analysis skills as well as strong presentation and report writing
• Proven due diligence, engagement team management, and leadership skills
• Proven ability to build and maintain professional relationships, both internally and externally to drive business opportunities and growth
• Data analytics experience, using tools such as Alteryx, Power BI and Tableau (desirable)
• Willingness to travel. The role is currently virtual, but will eventually be based in our Calgary office as government regulations allow.
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.