In 1954, an enterprising salesman named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California and wrote the first page of McDonald's® history. In 1967, the first McDonald's Canada opened in Richmond, B.C. and we've been growing with our communities and serving quality food at great a value ever since. Today, McDonald's Canada is proud to be one of the world's leading food service retailers. From coast to coast, we serve delicious choices to more than 2.5 million people in over 1,400 locations every day. We're also more than just your local restaurant. We're hardworking small-business men and women, students working part-time, seniors getting the most out of life, and volunteers lending time to make a difference in the communities we live and work in.
The Delivery Associate is responsible for various tasks relating to receiving and stocking merchandise from McDonald's designated supplier.This isaccomplished by unloading pallets to the floor, coolers and freezers and assisting in the processing of merchandise to the restaurant all in a safe and food safety compliance environment.These positions will be based in Airdrie, Alberta serving the needs of 4McDonald's restaurants.
Rotate and consolidate all products in each storage location in preparation for new products coming on the delivery.
Clear delivery & storage areas and cart pathways of all unnecessary equipment, debris or other obstacles to avoid accidents. This includes ensuring snow and ice are cleared on the lot and pathways.
Ensure bun & muffin trays, dairy crates, carts and plastic pallets are sorted, clean and ready in the collection zone for driver pick up.
Offload carts and put away dry stock and refrigerated & frozen product in designated areas.
Temperature sensitive products are to be moved to the appropriate temperature zone as quickly as possible to maintain product integrity and ensure food safety.
Inspect dry stock, refrigerated & frozen product for damage.
Probe products as required as per McDonald's guidelines once inside the cooler or freezer.
Record temperatures and code dates on the invoice.
Verify all products against invoice and document overages & shortages.
Break down and remove all empty boxes.
Follow all safety and security procedures.
- Ability to work both independently and in team setting as required.
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written; ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Previous food service experienceconsidered an asset.
- Prior experience in a distribution warehouse environmentpreferred.
- This is a physically demanding positionrequiring continuous heavy lifting and/or moving product (up to 50 pounds) in multi-temperature environments.
- Must possess own transportation and commence work as early as5:00amMonday to Friday.
- Competitive wages
- Flexible schedules
- 50% Off meals
- Dental/Medical benefits for full-time staff
- Employee scholarship program
- Opportunities for advancement
Customer Service and Support