Put innovation in action for Canadian businesses by evolving our industry-leading software defined networking-based solutions.
Join our team
Want to build innovative, highly scalable and cost efficient connectivity solutions to help Canadian businesses?
We're looking for network and automation engineering experts to come harness the latest cloud computing capabilities to build the networks of the future. With 75% of Canadian businesses currently digitally transforming, you will help lead the transformation of our networks to meet these businesses' needs and growing operational complexity.
Our Network as a Service (NaaS) solution - the first of its kind in Canada - provides businesses with a simpler way to manage and secure their networks so they can connect their team members and serve their customers better. Watch this video
to see how TELUS' NaaS can help companies quickly get a business network fully operational. We currently have several junior, intermediate and senior engineering opportunities.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As part of our DevOps team, you will own projects to transform service delivery for our customers in the software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) domain. You'll build (engineer), deliver (fulfill) and manage (assure) next generation NaaS solutions for well into the future. You are well-versed in all aspects of the service lifecycle from design and development to operational readiness. Through your deep understanding of and curiosity about network topologies, as well as your experience in network provisioning and assurance, you will help extend the reach of this cutting-edge technology in Canada and globally.
So if you're someone who can foresee trends in software-defined networking and translate theoretical possibilities and capabilities into practical and automated implementations for our customers, this is a role for YOU!
•Collaborate with subject matter experts in an agile environment, through scrums and kanbans, to drive the right design and implementation of operational capabilities and tools required to manage the evolution of TELUS NaaS/SDN solutions
•Design networks and write software/scripts to enable highly reliable, secure, automated and scalable network virtualization solution
•Apply your knowledge of Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment (CD-CD) to ensure we deliver best-in-class services
•Participate in the development of the annual IP lifecycle management and development plans
•Develop harmonized (inter and intra) regional plans and budgets
•Support the end-to-end systems engineering, requirements and user story development processes to deliver operational automation capabilities for TELUS' NaaS services and infrastructure
•Improve reliability through establishing best common practices, and developing and monitoring key performance metrics for our network and value-added services (virtual network function applications) such as LAN, Wi-Fi, Security and VoIP Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle if you have
• Recognized for your advanced knowledge in troubleshooting L2 and L3 routing and switching issues
• Acknowledged for your working knowledge of networking protocols, Linux (Red Hat Enterprise/CentOS), operational support systems/tools and SDN Controllers
• Respected for your working knowledge of OpenStack and VMware
• With your experience in technical and functional areas such as Assurance Fulfillment, Delivery, Provisioning Service Assurance, Sustainment and Supply Operations
• With your 2-3 years' experience in a DevOps capacity
• Regarded for your knowledge in Rest API, XML, JSON, Perl, Java or Python, Shell or TCL script
• With a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or a related discipline Great-to-haves
• SDN and SD-WAN certifications, especially the Virtuoso Certification Program (VCP)
• Knowledge of data centre automation cloud technologies and Virtual Network Functions (VNF) management
• Knowledge in the area of SDN solutions and Cloud/Virtualization/Hypervisor platforms
• Experience with cloud orchestration solutions, such as OpenStack and VMWare
• Knowledge of the industry pressures facing the telecommunications industry Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly ® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.