Intercept K9 deploys highly specialized canine search teams that are certified in narcotic and explosives detection.
Narcotics Division: We serve clients in the oil and gas industry who require non-invasive searches to ensure the safety of all personnel. Our priority is to help our clients ensure that their workplace is drug free and to assist in enforcing existing drug and alcohol policies.
Explosives Division: Intercept K9’s explosive detection teams focus on accuracy and reliability. Our teams are highly-specialized and undergo regular, intensive training. Rapid detection of explosives facilitates an expedited emergency response.
Currently we are recruiting for K9 handlers to join our Narcotics Division. We are looking for long term employees who would like to become part of a great team!
• Ability to work remotely with your K9 partner for periods up to 2 weeks in camp setting
• Providing detection services and support in various locations in Albert and BC
• Maintenance of all K9 related equipment including vehicles
• Maintain day to day health, safety and welfare of your K9 partner
• Must undergo regular, intensive training
• Providing detailed reports including incident reports, occurrence reports and daily logs
• Law enforcement background desired, but not required.
• Valid BC and Alberta Security License
• Valid Class 5 Drivers License with a clean drivers abstract
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to lead a search team
• Previous K9 handling experience (Law enforcement preferred but will consider other K9 backgrounds)
• Providing detailed reports including incident reports and daily logs
• Ability to work remotely for periods of up to 2 weeks
• Desire and passion to work with a K9 partner
• Must be physically fit to meet the physical demands of the job
• Must be able to work with a team and be comfortable working alone
Salary: commensurate with experience (above industry standard)