IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Development Team Lead to join our client in Calgary, AB.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Growing, high-performing team and company
- Centrally located
- Managing a team of developers including but not limited to prioritizing work and ensuring deadlines are met, supporting the team in their work, conducting employee performance reviews and assisting in the recruiting of new team members
- Collaborate closely with business and technical teams to ensure that development objectives align with business needs
- Work with product ownership team members to break down business drivers into engineering tasks, and lead the delivery of those projects
- Manage the release schedules of various systems
- Monitor and manage privacy and data security
- Implement and incrementally launch new features
- Mentor and coach developers in software development best practices
- Write clean, scalable code in Ruby on Rails, HTML and ES6 (possibly React/Python as well)
- Conduct code reviews, and help encourage the use of best practices and code standards
- Manage and verify automated month-end reporting processes
Top Skills Required
- 10+ years of software development and 3+ years of development team leadership experience
- Experience developing with Ruby on Rails (React and/or Node.js would be a strong asset) in Agile development environments
- Production DevOps and AWS experience
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.