Be a part of a transformational journey with innovative talent and leading edge technologies
Join our team
Become part of a future friendly national team, one that embraces change and initiates opportunity, has a passion for growth, believes in spirited teamwork, and has the courage to innovate. Our success is based as much on your dedication and hard work as it is on the innovative television, internet, voice, data and wireless products and solutions we offer. Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
The successful candidate will join the Content Management Dev/Ops Team to provide leadership, technical expertise, support, and architecture for TELUS' leading edge services. This position will be responsible for the development and operation of new solutions for content management and successful delivery via TELUS Content Delivery Network (CDN). The position is responsible for providing our customers throughout Canada with the highest Quality of Experience in content management and delivery of any type of content over any network. Here's how
•Create, deploy, and support new systems and services that you help create
•Bring familiarity with building and using containers and other cloud-native tools
•Develop new architectures and strategies to support the acquisition, management, and delivery of content
•Develop and maintain technical documentation and architecture
•Apply best practices of software development in different frameworks and troubleshoot integration issues
•Ensure a high level of code quality and integrity in software development projects
•Work with Project Managers and Network Planners to ensure the successful delivery of projects
•An understanding of the importance of automation and continuous integration and deployment Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle
• Full stack development experience
• Experience with cloud-native tools and cloud environments (GCP, AWS, etc.)
• An understanding of microservices architecture and its application to software development
• Hands-on familiarity with testing methodologies and quality control
• Strong Troubleshooting Methodology
• Working knowledge of networking concepts
• With 5+ years of relevant experience, advanced technical and analytical skills, confident in making and owning technical decisions
• Advanced ability to lead and collaborate with a variety of diverse groups and technical teams (internal and/or external)
• Support specific customer issues through assessment, interpretation, resolution or recommendations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, confident with presenting material to peers and senior management
• Having a creative approach to problem solving and an ability to work independently in an environment with high levels of ambiguity
• Ability to manage key deliverables as part of an extended project team
• Excellent interpersonal skills, talented at developing and fostering positive relationships with other team members
• Bachelors Computer Science or Electrical Engineering Degree Great-to-haves
• Linux Java, C/C#, .NET Core, Python, PHP
• MySQL, MongoDB or equivalent databases
• Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible
• GitHub, AzureDevops, BitBucket, or equivalent source control repositories
• Chef, Jenkins, Azure agents or equivalent CI-CD pipeline tools
• SonarQube, JMeter, Selenium or equivalent testing tools
• Experience with CDNs, Origin Servers, video encoding, DRM, etc. Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly ® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.