This is a unique role for someone who likes to be challenged and wants to become a key contributor in the company’s growth and success. If you strive for excellence and appreciate the opportunity to work with extremely talented and motivated technical team, you are looking in the right place!
The DevOps Engineer can work with limited supervision to constantly improve our QA, UAT, and Production environments. The DevOps engineer will work closely with the Development, IT, and QA teams to ensure high availability and redundancy of all systems. The position will involve improving our build pipeline and ensuring successful delivery of new releases.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Architect an environment that supports continuous delivery.
- Research and implement new technologies to improve our UAT and Production infrastructure.
- Monitor health of the application and environment, and act to return system to health when alerted
- Writes and maintains technical documentation.
- Effectively contributes to building the overall knowledge and expertise of the technical team.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum 5+ years Linux Administration
- Good understanding of Agile/Scrum processes and experience participating in an agile team
- Experience with deployment and configuration management tools (Ansible preferred)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with development tools (Git, JIRA)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Bamboo/TeamCity)
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (AppDynamics/New Relic/Logstash/Nagios)
- Experience with MySQL server administration
- Experience with NGINX / HAProxy / F5 Load Balancer
- Experience with Web Application Servers. Oracle GlassFish/Payara is an asset
- Experience with creating and executing SQL scripts
- Nice to have: experience building and deploying Java based applications.
- Must be an effective and efficient problem solver.
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal direction.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills including well developed verbal and written English.
- Experience working with financial transaction applications is an asset.
Posted: February 20, 2019
Closes: April 21, 2019