In this position, you will be responsible for the technical development, implementation, testing, and support of TELUS' IPTV Applications. Additionally, you will be responsible for capacity management to facilitate all required growth of the end to end IPTV system.
You will be working with middleware and its server infrastructure, as well as the network and its components.
• Application Lifecycle Management (Annual Development/Growth & Sustainment)
• Lab/Preproduction/Production Support (Management/Roadmap)
• Project Consultation
Do you have an affinity for breaking away from the "typical" way of doing things, and a desire to dive into the new and exciting way of achieving the same goal in a far more efficient manner? If so, then the role of a DevOps Specialist on the TV Applications Team may be the right path for you. As a DevOps Specialist, you will use your strengths and skillset in either area, and work closely with a team member(s) to benefit and learn from one another while providing a solid well developed application, with a strong support model. Additionally, you will be an active member of the larger TV Team, contributing to capacity management and facilitate all required growth of our end to end IPTV system. Responsibilities:
• Review business requirements, and assist in the development of functional requirements, for middleware and applications
• Provide guidance on implementation, applicability and usability of new features and capabilities provided by applications and middleware
• Customize features and functions
• Plan and coordinate installation of new software and software upgrades
• Provide architecture and design input for service development
• Monitor and report server and internal platform metrics for TV Platforms, head end, and supporting network, to ensure that sufficient infrastructure is always in place to support desired system enhancements
• Write functional and technical documents for new features and functions
• Write best practices and troubleshooting documents
• Review and assist in the development of release notes for application deployment
• Write and execute test cases, test plans, and test reports
• Test, identify issues, and troubleshoot to determine root cause
• Track issues and ensure that they are resolved satisfactorily Qualifications: Required Knowledge:
• Knowledge of end to end IPTV systems
• Agile/DevOps Methodologies
• Strong coding and debugging skills in an object oriented language such as C#/Java, HTML5 as well as knowledge/experience of Microsoft technologies (ASP.NET, etc.)
• Experience in all phases of software development
• Demonstrated ability to deliver finished products within projected timeframes
• Hands-on familiarity with testing methodologies, and quality control
• Strong technical writing ability
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to function as a team member
• Ability to prioritize tasks well and work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to self-motivate and manage within a team environment
• Strong analytical and investigative skills
• Project/task planning experience Required Skills & Abilities:
• Experience with hardware/software integration and real-time, embedded systems and operating systems
• WinCE, Linux, IE, Mozilla
• Experience with Development methodologies such as Agile, Method/1, RUP, Iterative, and UML
• Visual Studio, MySQL
• JSP, HTML, CSS, XHTML, DHTML, XML, AJAX, Dom4j
• Spring 2.5+, JPA, Hibernate 3+
• Tomcat or JBoss
• Fluent using Eclipse
• MVC concepts for design pattern
• Web Services (SOAP or Restful) and Service Oriented Architecture
• Experience with HTTPS, SSL and application security
• Source code control tools such as TFS, CVS, SVN, VSS, ClearCase etc
• Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery - Chef/Jenkins
• Experience developing Test Cases for various parts of a system, and with test tools
• Ability to work in an environment with high levels of ambiguity
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to manage key deliverables as part of an extended project team
• Good technical documentation skills
• Struts, JSF
• New Relic Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Masters degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred Required Experience:
• 7-10 years of experience with software development
• Knowledge in an IPTV Mediaroom environment and application development will be an added advantage Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: November 13, 2017
Closes:January 5, 2018