Now Hiring Fleet Mechanics! Gas/Diesel/Alternative Fuel Techs
Do you have gasoline light & medium duty experience? Join our team at our Calgary, AB
location! First Student has consistent year-round work - NOT seasonal or flat-rate pay.Why pick First Student? Glad You Asked!
FLEET TECHNICIAN JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Great Wages & Consistent Pay - Hourly Rate (NOT Flat Rate)
- Consistent year-round work!
- ASE training and testing materials provided - Earn more money for each certification you obtain!
- Growth potential - Advance your career as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
- Ongoing training - learn and work on gas, diesel, & propane vehicles
- Work Schedule: 5 days on/4 days off!
FLEET TECHNICIAN JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Perform brake, safety, and PM inspections
- Complete work orders legibly and accurately
- Perform on road repairs/service calls as required
- Perform defect repairs as required
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Comply with Safety & Health regulations in the workplace
- Maintain required tools for the job & submit tool inventory annually
- Other duties as assigned by Shop Manager
- After hours on-call responsibilities as required
Now is the time to enhance your career...not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity! Apply online today to become a part of our team!
- Valid driver's license
- Red Seal/Provencial OR Journeyman License
- Previous gas, diesel, or alternative fuel experience; School bus experience helpful
- Willing to obtain ASE Certifications (company training & bonuses provided!)
- Alberta Commercial Vehicle Inspection License helpful
- Subject to a background check and drug screen
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.
Posted: July 14, 2018
Closes: September 12, 2018